Monday, August 10, 2009

ARGGGGGG!

Ok, everyone, please be prepared because I am going to VENT!


So, Faith has been going to have some congnitive testing done, privately. We have had a series of 3 appt. w/ a "fellow" resident at Dev. Peds. Now, this person is leaving in a week or two, ending her residency. A few weeks ago, when we had our second appt., they called at the last minute and resceduled our appt.( the same day, just later in the day). Frustrating, yes, but I am somewhat used to dr's doing stupid stuff like this. If I cancelled an appt. w/o a 24 hr notice they can charge me a cancelation fee.(Don't recall the exact amount, somewhere in the $25 range)
Fast foward to 4pm today, I get home from therapy (being gone ALL day) and there is a garbled message from this same person wanting to reschedule our appt. that is tomorrow!!! Now, Hubby has already requested this day off, not to mention that she wants to reschedule so she can go to her own dr's appt! So I call the office about 4:10 pm, still well within business hrs, but guess what!!! She has already left for the day!! OF COURSE SHE HAS! No one has any idea what she wanted us to do, exactly, no one has ANY contact info for her, (What the crap?) and there are NO other dr's able to be found or contacted! Where are we here, people, don't business hrs. mean that you work? If you call, LAST MINUTE, and make a ridiculous request like that, shouldn't you make yourself available? How do you run a business, that obviously makes TONS of money, without having a plan for contacting dr's after hrs or during emergencies? The scheduling supervisor tells me that they are emailing her but she probably won't respond until tomorrow morning!!! AGAIN, WHAT THE CRAP? What are WE supposed to do, hubby take off or hubby go to work? Well, they don't know what to tell me.... After I loose my cool (just a little) the very nice girl on the phone offers to take my # and call me from her home if she hears from this dr. I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS GESTURE! Don't get me wrong! But for Pete's sake, two times in a row? Very unprofessional! I still don't know what we are supposed to do in the morning... if I do hear back, I think I am going to tell them that we are showing up for the appt and expect SOMEONE to be there to see us! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG!

6 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Vent any time. I will listen :). People in customer service drive me nuts!!

Beverly said...

I dont blame you at all for being upset. I hate things like this too.

Katy said...

That business hours thing gets me too. I mean, if I just walked out of a classroom twenty minutes before the end, that would be pandemonium, but medical offices almost never answer the phone after four.

Ellen Seidman said...

Wow, my blood boiled as I read this. It's good you got it all out here, that way you can be more calm when you call! Trust me, I've lost it, too, on the phone.

Jenny said...

That is really annoying!

I have been trying to get a hold of my daughter's allergist for blood test results, but the line has been busy for over an hour! Do they not at least have voice mail?!

Keri said...

Definitely a pain in the arse! Sadly, some people just don't care about anyone but themselves.