Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nothing special just some thoughts

So I have been thinking about all of the people I have met since I got started blogging, recently. It's really facinating to meet so many people who often are struggling with similar circumstances with their children, or other major life changing events. Being a parent of a special needs child, can be a very isolating thing... you feel like no one understands, like you have been shunned, like people just aren't sensitive to your situation. The worst thing is feeling like you are the only one, b/c for instance, where we live is very rural and there is no good line of connections for families.

So I rely on meeting you guys out there to chat people up, find out what works for different situations and see how other families are dealing. I also noticed something else that has really bothered me lately, that kind of relates back to what I was saying about being isolated. There seems to be an epedimic of sorrow and suffering in this world.

Now, yes, I know that there has always been suffering and pain since man first sinned, but now that we are so "connected" by technology, you can see more of it firsthand. I think, selfishly sometimes, that my life is so hard and it's so unfair to see my only daughter suffer for the rest of her life. Then I see a post from a family/mother who is suffering with a child who has an incurable disease that will end their life. (example). It just puts a different perspective on things for me, anyway. I think that this world must look aweful bad to God, as He looks down here and sees all this sadness and suffering and pain. I think I am being selfish and that I should be grateful for the fact that my daughter is here with us now. I think it just seems like everyone is struck by something aweful at some time in their lives.

The worst for me, is seeing so many parents dealing with such terrible things having to do with their children. Because I know, that there is NO PAIN like watching your child suffer. No parent should have to see that. It is one of the worst pains and it just seems like there are SO MANY of us out there. I am amazed at how many other Faiths, Noahs, Elis, Maxs, Judes, Charlies, Elizabeths are out there. How can that be.....

FATHER,

PLEASE PUT YOUR LOVING HANDS OVER THE FAMILIES OF CHILDREN WHO SUFFER.
PROTECT THEM AND GUIDE THEM, GIVE THEIR PARENTS STRENGTH AND RESOLVE.
SHOW THEM THAT ONLY YOU CAN GIVE THEM COMFORT IN THE MIDST OF A TERRIBLE WORLD AND UNKNOWN SUFFERING. SHOW THEM YOUR MERCY, AS THEY STRUGGLE, AND PROVIDE THEM PEACE THAT ONLY YOU CAN PROVIDE. MAKE YOUR WILL AND AWESOME POWER BE SEEN IN THEIR LIVES AS A LIVING TESTIMONY TO YOU.

GIVE ME STRENGTH, LORD, TO BE A GOOD MOTHER AND EXAMPLE TO MY DAUGHTER.

AMEN.

4 comments:

Beverly said...

great post! I pray everyday and it does help me to know all will be well. God bless! Hope your week is a good one!

Unknown said...

beautiful prayer. thank you!!!

Have a wonderful day, my bloggy friend! :)

Katy said...

Beautiful. I always try to remind myself that God's grand plan is bigger than anything we can even imagine--that' why he's God.

BusyLizzyMom said...

Having a child with special needs is a very isolating experience. I have no idea how a 'normal' conversation with mothers should be. I know where to find cool shoes for AFO's, how to juggle 3 appointment in a day, how get vomit stains out of any surface but these are not common topics amoungst other Moms. How can I sit there and empathsize with Mom's as they complain about poor daycare, not enough time to work out and how sad they were to learn their child needs glasses or extra help at school. I still have not found out where I belong but I know I cherish every moment with my Elizabeth.