Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More "crazy"happenings....

I tell you now.... One day I am going to write a book about all the miracles and wonders God has let me see and be a part of in my life.
I know I tend to wax poetically a LOT about amazing things that have happened to me and Faith but everywhere we go crazy things happen.
Today started out bad for me, I was depressed and lonely and basically feeling miserable. I cried my way to therapy, all the way there. I decided when I got there that I needed to do something to pull myself out of the quagmire, and my hair REALLY needed a cut. So I decided to try to find a place to get a haircut. Unfortunately, the girl who last cut my hair was not working and my prospects weren't looking too good. Finally, I crossed town and found a little salon that took walk-ins. I stuck my head in the door and asked if they had time for me and a young lady came out and said she sure did, so I went out and got Faith. I was praying for someone who would be able to look at my hair and see something that she could do with it, as I am VERY plain Jane and never know what to do with my hair. I said I needed a new style to go with my new figure and was hoping for something fun and cute. Well, she starts cutting and says she has some good ideas for it. I just prayed she was good and let her have at it. We talked a lot and of course the topic naturally fell to Faith. I told her a little about her and that she just started walking. Turns out this girl had been home schooled herself, and her father was a preacher, too! Eventually, I told her a little about what we had been going through. Well, this girl was just snipping away and listening to me and turns out she was a Christian, too. So she decided that she was going to curl my hair....and before you know it....she had given me this fantastic, super cute, flirty haircut with swirly, wavy ringlets! I was so surprised! She says that she wanted to do something special for me! So I get ready to leave and this girl writes her name and phone number down and tells me that I should call her and if I wanted to come to town and have someone just wash and style my hair she would love to do it for me, whenever! And that she was giving me my haircut as a gift to me! She said that our story had been an inspiration to her and encouraged her in her faith! I cried...of course...and insisted on paying her but she refused and hugged me and told me she loved me and hugged Faith and told me to keep in touch with her!

A perfect stranger, at the perfect time...when I needed it the most...GOD put this girl in my life!

I feel like a new woman....like I need to go put on a fancy dress or something! I NEVER had a fancy haircut before......

Thank you, Father, for Racheal at Salon 81!

8 comments:

Carla said...

That is awesome! We need to see this great new hair-do! God is truly watching out for you girls:)

Tara Bennett said...

I hope you took a picture and will show us! I'm so happy this happened. you deserve to feel beautiful and lived because you are!!!

Mo said...

Another smile for you over here!

jocalyn said...

where's the picture?!?! and ditto to what tara said... you definitely deserve to feel beautiful and loved :)

Trish said...

This is making me cry - how absolutely wonderful!

(And yes, we need a picture!!)

Lisa said...

A picture, yes!

Candace, you are beautiful inside and out! I'm so glad that you were able to have this experience as you so deserve to be pampered.

I know I don't comment often, but I want to let you know how proud I am of you and your walking miracle Faith. You've often been in my thoughts and my prayers.

Alicia said...

Beautiful story, beautiful haircut, beautiful YOU!

Anonymous said...

"Thank you, Father, for Racheal at Salon 81!" -for helping my friend, Candace!

Late enough to see the photo - Racheal is good and you look cutie/flirtie for sure!

Barbara