Friday, April 15, 2011

Progress is progress....

For years I have heard therapists, parents and professionals declare the rapid development of children with special needs once they start walking. I heard it but I was less than convinced since I had never seen it with my own two eyes. But over the last few months....yes can you believe it's been almost two months since she took off?....I have witnessed remarkable progress! Faith is changing right before my own eyes, almost overnight! She is trying to talk more, feeding herself (albeit minute amounts), picking up things right and left in the education dept like colors,numbers and letters. Everyday I am astonished at the new things she has discovered! Today we worked on self feeding with some really thick grits (yes friends...we are southern girls....although kinda late in life!) she was scooping that stuff up with the spoon and getting it right to her mouth! Then she discovered that the plate had a ladybug on it that was partially covered up with the grits so she started pushing the food around with her hand to uncover the ladybug! It was soooo cool to see her GET it! Then in the bathtub, today, she was playing with a cup and I saw her trying to rinse her own hair with water! It was crazy! I asked her if she was washing her hair and she said YEAH, just like that! She was even scrubbing her head with her hand! I couldn't believe it! I am so proud of her, I wish there were words enough to describe my joy! I guess there is something to all that developmental milestone stuff they told me about......He he he.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

So glad that you are seeing continued progress--YES!!!

With Hope,
Cheryl

Sherry C said...

Washing her own hair.. sounds like she is making her mama so proud love it! Great post made me happy reading this.

The Henrys said...

What an amazing girl you have!!! I'm so glad to hear all about how much progress she is making.

Mo said...

Lovely! Each one blossoms on their own time and that is what makes them even more beautiful.

April said...

I am so happy for her wonderful progress! Hooray!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news!!!! :)

What a blessing for you to experience!

Hello from Washington state...we're still here...I'm glad to see you are OK, too!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Truly happy for both of you! Barbara

irene kegel said...

hello,
you may want to check out this page..they make one of a kind jewelry often using your babies and angel babies foot/hand print.they also just started an allergy/medical line just in time for the school to start , just one more way to make the school staff aware of your child's allergy or medical issue.they make wonderful Paw prints from any pets you may have.Plus they do fundraising for schools.PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=131672397028998&set=a.119946711534900.1073741828.119287218267516&type=1&theater