Thursday, July 1, 2010

I NEVER thought I would see this day...

Well, OK I lie. I did think that I would see this day but it has been MANY years since I believed it would REALLY happen!

Today, Faith stood up on her own for the first time with ABSOLUTELY NO assistance! It really is a miracle after all these years it's so hard to hope for things that seem so unattainable! Since her first "getting to stand" with just a tiny bit of assistance she has had spurts of attempts again and again but them slacking off and not trying for days ( I think from fear after a few falls). After that day I felt sure it really WAS going to happen. This week she has been trying everyday after finally figuring out that she could hold on to the couch. She can consistently get her right leg into kneel now with very little effort.

Today, she was working for almost an hour, trying so hard over and over again. I was providing a little support on her left (weaker) side when she got up to keep her from losing her balance. I reached out and took my hands away just for a second to grab the camera and before I knew it....
She was UP! She wobbled and pitched and then leaned forward over the edge of the couch to catch her balance and stayed up! I couldn't believe it!
She only did it once but she kept trying....she just kept losing her balance and falling backwards. Once she fell backwards and missed the coffee table by about an inch and after a few tears she was right back up trying again. As of about 2pm today she can now get to kneel about 50% of the time without holding on!
My GIRL, I am so proud of you. Words are not enough to explain how much joy and surprise you bring to my heart! I love you the way you are but I love you more for your determination and persistence!

12 comments:

Alicia said...

WOW!!! So proud of you, Faith! Great job picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and getting back to it!! You are my hero!

The Henrys said...

That is wonderful Candace!!! Good job Faith. I love her determination to get back up, after falling and crying. This warms my heart and makes me smile!!

Mo said...

Oh yeah!!!!! Imagine how this feels to Faith...you know her little heart has wanted to do this for a long time and she is fighting for it now. Give her a high five from Oia and I! And do capture this on video and share, I'd love to see it!!

Cheryl said...

My heart is filled with joy for you and for Faith! Wow!

With love and hope,
Cheryl

@jencull (jen) said...

This is fantastic *does little happy dance* Well done Faith, this is so exciting I bet you are bursting :D Jen

my life: said...

Tears of joy spilling out over this wonder girl's accomplishment! I am so super proud of her and so...so happy for your momma heart!!!!!

jocalyn said...

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! hard work and determination.... from both of you.....paying off! so happy to read this :)

Jean said...

You have put a huge smile on my face! Well done, both of you XXX

Carla said...

Happy dancing for you Faith!!!
This news made my day!

Coley said...

That's just awesome!!

Unknown said...

H O O R A Y !!!

That is wonderful news!!! :)

Anonymous said...

She is getting stronger!

(Sorry I'm so late to the party.)

Barbara