Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dogs.....

We are finally wrapping up our first year of homeschooling this month, down to our last two weeks. One of my goals for Faith was for her to be able to recognize the letters A,B and C by the end of the year. We are now working well into letter D, right now! So check that off as a goal surpassed! Our current theme is Dogs. When I start a new letter I always try to begin with a familiar object and of course, Faith loves dogs. So this morning she wakes up and wants me to let our birdbrained dog, Gandy, up on the bed...so I oblige. She starts pointing to different parts of his body like his foot, ear, head, back and I say them out loud....she knows all these parts already. Then she starts pointing to those same parts on her own body....dog eye...Faith's eye.....dog hair...Faith's hair! She was showing me that she made that connection all by herself! I did not instigate it or even try to get her to work on dog body parts! We were just lying on the bed! I am amazed every day at the ways she manages to get her point across! It gives me so much hope and encouragement that I am doing the right thing. That WE are doing the right thing. Father, thank you for each little milestone that you give Faith, I pray that we will use it to glorify you!

4 comments:

The Henrys said...

That's awesome! I love that you start each letter with something familiar to Faith!

Sherry C said...

Love that she know ABC.. I think faith will learn the whole alphabet this year so awesome she is doing fabulous!!!

Lisa said...

So wonderful, Candace! What a smart and beautiful girl you have. God is good!

my life: said...

Lady...you have been quiet again...it worries me!
I can't find your e-mail address ANY where. We will be near your neck of the woods in ONE week!!!
e-mail me :0)