Friday, December 11, 2009

Just wondering...Isn't this illegal?


Look closely at the ground and then at the windows and license plates...


I was at the local grocery store today and found not a single handicap parking space in the whole lot! I drove around for a few minutes and noticed these two dealer vehicles parked in two opposite handicap spaces. NO HANDICAP TAGS, NO HANDICAP PLATES!!!!
They were both from the same dealer (who shall remain anonymous). It got under my skin so bad I seriously considered waiting at their cars and confronting them! Instead I settled for photographing the vehicles and sending a rather cold email to the dealership with pictures attached! Don't you hate it when you see this? BTW~ I had to park way away from the store and lug that stupid wheelchair across the parking lot!


6 comments:

Beverly said...

i would be ticked!

Katy said...

HATE THAT! Like I always say, "they better hope they never NEED to park there."

my life: said...

This makes me CRAZY! I'm so glad you sent a letter...I hope that action is taken. I'm glad you thought to take a picture! I'm so crazy...especially when things like this happen, I probably would have waited around and it would have been less productive. :0)

Unknown said...

You know, I don't mind pushing El's wheelchair a distance....the reason I NEED a handicap spot is for the space to LOAD and UNLOAD.

Would THEY want their child in a stall where some fool could pull in to quickly and hit them? It makes me so mad when people are so inconsiderate!

Our post office has such violators!
The handicapped person STAYS IN THE CAR while the able bodied person runs in to the PO. Uh, that's NOT what the handicapped spots are for!!!!!!

Grrrrr....


I'm sooooo glad you sent the dealership a letter. I totally would have posted them online! haha!

Anonymous said...

Perfect response!

Is there a way to make your email more public in your small town?

Barbara

Candace said...

You all have me cracking up! Amy I am that way too. My big reason is because we take up so much room like you said, loading and unloading. I am always afraid we will hit someone's car with the chair or my door.