Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Outpouring of support.....

Over the last day, we have all been in shock and overwhelm. The house was a total loss, the only thing left standing was the chimney and a short wall that was all but gutted. Thank GOD, the community has poured out a tremendous shower of supplies, clothes, necessities and money for the five of them. The outpouring is actually overwhelming! My cell was ringing all day, even into therapy and when I arrived home there were tons of messages on the machine. The churches, friends of ours, individuals who heard on the radio. They opened the doors of the Picket Post fire department to donations of all kinds, today. I have to give a HUGE shout out to Joanne Heaton, the fire chief's wife, who has been coordinating and organizing everything for them! She is a saint among saints. An observant, caring, diligent, sensitive woman who has been nothing but wonderful. She has been hitting up the local business' for donations, hotel time, tools and food! Thank you, Joanne, wherever you are! William, my step dad, got home last night and surveyed the damage and it was so heartbreaking. He lost everything including his lively hood, his tools, which he used to work construction and make furniture. So we are hoping that a few business' will donate some essential tools so that he can at least work to earn some money. The local storage building place in our town donated 2 months rent on a storage building so that we can store the donated items until they find places to move into. I am praying that my sister uses this chance to pull her self and family up and make a change in their lives. IE: jobs, car, house etc. I thought that we had seen support from our community with Faith but this has been unbelievable! Everyone has pitched in. A local cartoon artist saw them at the store and pulled money right out of his wallet and handed it to my step dad! Strangers have been showing up at the hotel donating money for their stay. PRAISE THE LORD! I am so thankful and I pray that they can all get on their feet ASAP! Please pray for them...it would mean so much to me. Their names are Monica and Jason and my step dad is William.

4 comments:

Beverly said...

so glad that these good acts are coming their way. will keep them in my prayers.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh Candace if we were closer we would rally the whole community to help, I am so sorry!!!

Katy said...

I love to hear when people really step up. You live in a great community.

Anonymous said...

Sharing this story on your blog is a tremendous contribution, too - to us who have the honor to pray for others and to be encouraged from knowing that others are helping, too. Thank you, Candace. Barbara