Tuesday, January 26, 2010

El Cheapo...

I am the self professed queen of getting good deals. There are few things I love more than hittin' a good clearance sale or finding a cheap place to shop....

There I said it, don't hold it against me, friends.....
~I can hardly stand to pay full price for ANYTHING!~
That said, I love thrift stores, most of Faith's clothes come from three in our area, that are notoriously great!
Monday, I went to one of the Goodwill's, in the town where Faith goes to therapy. They run these 50% off sales to cycle thru their stock of clothing. A few weeks ago, I had my eye on several pieces that were uber cute but couldn't bring myself to pay the full price ranging from $4.15 to $3.00. So I waited...
I couldn't believe that I found almost every single item on the clearance racks, Monday, after much searching! I spent a total of $13+change for these outfits....
The most expensive thing were the jeans...a whopping $2.07. Everything else was $1.75 or less...
Faith modeling her $5.00 outfit...Old Navy sweater, Old Navy pull over and Carter's jeans...
This shirt was $1.57
All three in these last pics were a $1.57 also!


I LOVE me some good sales...How 'bout you, guys? Got any good cheap places that you cannot live without? Any secret places? I have a few of my own.....but I'm not tellin'!


8 comments:

The Henrys said...

I love getting good deals also and I am always on the lookout for good places to shop. I really love the Goodwill stores, but you have to be willing to keep going, until you get lucky. I also love going to JCPenney at the mall. They have great clearance stuff. Luckily Gracie is easy to buy for, since she grows so slowly I always know what size she will be in so I can buy stuff in advance. I love to buy her comfy clothes that can stretch and JCP has tons.

Congrats on finding the clothes.
P.S. Did you get my email?

Katy said...

Ha ha! I am a terrible bargain shopper. I just wasn't raised that way. I bought a purse at a thrift store in high school and my dad freaked out and gave me some money. I'm all proud if I get stuff at TJ Maxx.

Junior said...

thanks so much for visiting our adaptions blog.
Love your blog and Faith is precious, such a sweet smile.
thanks so much for sharing the blog link for making baby legs, I will have to give them a try.

Jen said...

I love a good bargain myself. TJ Maxx is called TK Maxx here and is great shopping but you have to be in the humour and have plenty of free time, which I don't these days. Clothes are very very expensive here. In our national chain store one sweater for my 7 year old would cost what you paid for all of the fab clothes you got Faith!! Jen.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I looooooooooooooove me some thrift stores!!!

Unknown said...

As the hubby has been unemployed for 7 months now....I'm becoming a Goodwill shopper.
Just bought Eli another cute shirt today! It was $1.99. Guess it didn't have the right color tag to get it 50% off!
I'm a happy though! :)

Tara Bennett said...

SO impressive! You inspire me :)

April said...

Have you ever looked at pinchingyourpennies.com-- I love their forum for online deals :)