Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tickle Monster...

YOU WILL NEED TO PAUSE THE MUSIC AT THE BOTTOM OF MY BLOG...

I love this about Faith...
She GETS tickling! She loves to tickle everything.....pillows for example.
Sometimes she just does it out of the blue, we might be sitting on the couch, together and she just reaches over and starts tickling me! She knows it's funny and the louder we scream, the funnier it is, to her!


Even though she doesn't talk, she has this THING about her. She GETS things. It's really hard to explain to people who haven't met her but she has this uncanny knack for reading into what people do and say. It's very strange to me. Sometimes Carl will say something and I will give him the "look"- you know, the "you are ridiculous" look...and she will just crack up, starts screaming and laughing and slapping her leg. Like she gets what I am saying with my face! It's so weird!

It always surprises people who haven't spent a lot of time with her or have just met her. I secretly think that it's her special gift that GOD gave her to show people not to assume anything. That kids who don't talk and who have severe physical limitations can be these DYNAMIC, FASCINATING, COOL people! I think of her as this huge personality in this tiny, little, different body! She is instantly the center of attention when she comes in a room and not just because she is in a wheelchair. Which is so strange to me b/c I am NOT that kind of person. I prefer to be OUT of the spotlight. It's her personality, it's contagious! People often leave her with big crocodile tears b/c they are so moved by her happy go lucky attitude. I regularly hear people say..."you guys are so blessed by that happy little girl."

And they are right....


5 comments:

Beverly said...

too cute.

Cheryl said...

Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine...

What a joy she is and what a beautiful family you make.

With love and hope,
Cheryl
We are Nine

Jen said...

I love that she laughs when you give your husband 'the look'. I can just picture it lol. Jen.

The Henrys said...

I can feel the love of your family in this video, so beautiful!

BusyLizzyMom said...

Faith sounds like Elizabeth even on the trying days her personality makes me step back and realize how lucky we are to have such an amazing spirited girl.
We are lucky in so many ways.