Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So this is how it is supposed to be....

So, after my harrowing trip to N.C. I have been hiding...yes...hiding out at the house.
In three days the phone has rung twice! Once it was our S. therapist who forgot we were supposed to be out of town, trying to nail down summer schedules. And the other one was a homeschooling group leader from our county, returning my phone call. So I call that a pretty successful three days. I think in the last six years we may have had a few weeks total like this but it's been a REALLY long time since we have, maybe over a year and change.

I never can imagine what regular stay at home moms do. I have thought of how their days must go but I don't really know....and I still don't. But I can imagine that this is as close as I am gonna come. Monday and Tuesday, I didn't even get out of my pj's until after 4pm, when I decided I should put some clothes on and take a shower before Carl showed up at home! I have gotten a bunch of cleaning jobs done that were way past due. Got the playroom cleaned up and organized and our bathroom almost done. I kind of don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I should be going somewhere or doing something "important". Faith and I have spent lots of time snuggling, picking up toys, being....
LAZY. He He He....
I thought to myself how much I could do if I wasn't doing other things like driving all over God's green Earth. But then I thought about how important those trips are and how much it means to Faith. So I guess I will settle with a less than clean house, a messy playroom (with cobwebs in the ceiling corners) and well.....
Maybe a "stay"cation from all our appointments once in a while.....
(I am thinking of telling everyone I am going to Bermuda for a whole month, just so I can get prepared for homeschooling, this fall)

3 comments:

Mo said...

It feels good to do something productive to your space, like clean, but I know on days like this where there is 'nothing' to do, I also feel guilty for not doing something 'important'. Our brains are trained and wired for these babes of ours!

Cary said...

We all need a little down time once in a while...and it sounds like you enjoyed it. Good for you!

Jen said...

A 'staycation' sounds like a great idea. I am delighted to hear you are being relaxed and lazy, everyone needs it once in a while:) Jen.