Thursday, March 18, 2010

That's what FRIENDS are for....

I know I have been posting a LOT about our adventures with girl scouts and horse riding and inspirational things. A LOT of sappy posts, I guess. But over the last few months, I feel like I have awakened from a coma. Like GOD has brought spring again, into my heart.
I have had my eyes opened to so many possibilities for Faith and I feel so inspired! With these activities and children I have seen the HUMAN side of Humanity.
so please indulge me....
More adventures in Girl Scouts....
Today, the girls worked on their Five Senses patch...Sounds....Everyone helped Faith play "Twinkle Twinkle".....
Then they played some songs on the keyboard...This was her favorite part...She loved being able to push the keys....
.
Then two of her friends asked if they could get Faith out of her chair and walk her around the room....
Those girls, I am considering adopting them all!
.

She was so excited and having her friends there, helping her was a big boost for her....

Some of the moms got in on it and started encouraging her to walk....

Everyone was cheering for her! She was trying so hard. I just can't tell you all about how much these girls have done for MY soul and for Faith. I love each and everyone of them so much! They are so good to her and NEVER leave her out. In this day and age, it is hard to imagine kids being so caring and open and accepting. Sometimes it feels like kids and adults are so self centered and judgemental. But these girls.....Oh These Girls.....

WONDERFUL!

10 comments:

Cary said...

This post gives me goosebumps! Love it!

my life: said...

Keep 'em coming momma!
You encourage all of our hearts with these posts...I wish that I could squeeze them all. :0)

Katy said...

First let me say how happy I am for you that God is moving in your life this way.

Second, let me say that I have a friend who has a very fancy, important job who got on her knees and worked with Charlie in his gait trainer and I was SO IMPRESSED. It's really that simple.

The Henrys said...

Post all of the good, sappy post that you want to. You and Faith deserve this, and I am so happy that you have found such support and friendship. It is truly a wonderful thing. I love these pictures and can see how much
Faith lights up around these girls. What a great thing for her, and for you!

Your happiness makes me happy too!

Junior said...

I love these posts about Faith's adventures with the girl scouts. Just wonderful

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have some future PTs there! They are doing a fine job of assisting her! 'Course, she has worked hard to do so much by herself. Not forgetting your hard work, too, Candace. Please don't stop posting on anything your heart desires. Barbara

jocalyn said...

OK, now i'm teared up! Please keep posting about Girl Scouts and other adventures. It makes my day every time!

Janet said...

I love seeing all of the exciting new adventures for Faith! It gives me hope for our future as well. Big smiles!!

Jen said...

I love that you share these stories and the human side of humanity. It is always fantastic to see the happy things that can happen, please continue to share those with us. They are not sappy at all. Another lovely post:) Jen.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I love hearing about her adventures :)