Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Confessions of a bloggie daddy...

Hi everyone, I have a special guest blogger today...
Carl, my super sweet hubby!
I have been asking him to do a guest post for me and I am hoping to get a few more "daddy" perspectives on here, soon! Here is a little introduction from him.

Hope you enjoy...





Hello everyone! It's Carl... better known as Faith's daddy... or Candace's hubby! I am completely cool being known as with both and proud to both. In fact I was born to be both of those things. I am the sappy daddy sometimes. Everyone in my office knows everything that goes on with Faith, from losing a tooth to any seizures she has to when she does something new. I have about 100 pics of Faith under the glass top of my desk at work and show every new one to everyone when I bring them in. I am not saying this to brag, I just want you guys to know just how much I love my family. The best part of my day is when I come home from work and see those beautiful smiles and hearing Faith yell "DA DA"! The day Faith was born was the scariest, greatest, most amazing day of my life. I love Candace with all of my heart, but that day I really learned what love was. Seeing that little girl that I helped make was unspeakably amazing. The weeks... and years that followed were emotional roller coasters. I was initially SO ANGRY that she had the "problems" she has. I didn't know what the heck C.P. was! Now I have came to realize that she is perfect just the way she is. How cool would it be to wake up every morning completely happy and ready to see what the world will bring you? How many of you can say you do that every day. If you say you do you are lying! ...but she does... and I bet most of your children do, too. She is the best blessing I could ever imagine, and her mom ain't too bad either! Anyways, I hope my first attempt at blogging wasn't too bad. Ya'll have a great day!

7 comments:

The Henrys said...

Great post Carl!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. That is a great story about all the pictures that you take to work.

I love reading from the dad's perspective and feel like it gives me some insight on my own husband.

I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

my life: said...

Well done!
Candace...I could NEVER get Michael to post...so good job to you too. ;0)

It's awesome...I love the lovin going on in that house! :0)

April said...

What a great post! I can just picture that desk :)

Karen said...

What a wonderful husband! Thanks Carl for sharing with us! I have been talking to my husband to do a post. He might do it eventually! It is nice to hear both sides of the story!

Blessings,
Karen

Jen said...

Nice to meet you Carl:) You are so right about our children, they show more strenght of character and courage than a lot of adults do:) Look forward to you posting again! Jen.

Jo said...

Thanks for sharing, Carl! What beautiful words you had to say about your girls.
Candace, you'll have to share with me sometime the secret of how to get your hubby to post! I don't think Monkey's daddy would if I dragged him to the computer myself!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I learn a couple will marry I ask the one I know best if their intended is 'worthy' of them. Just read the previous post and with this one, Carl, I am certain you are worthy of beautiful Faith and her amazing mother.

Much thanks for sharing your family with us online. Barbara