Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Heeeeeere......

After an ETERNITY of waiting...
THE IPAD IS HERE!

We were all on pins and needles, last night, waiting for today to come!
We had to wait until after lunch but it finally got here.
I was so excited to get it turned on but it took a lot longer than I expected to get thing thing up and going. I will say that it does NOT come with an instruction book. There was a small 5 page booklet but it did not give any instructions. That part was pretty frustrating since I have never owned an Apple product. I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. When I tried to it would turn right back off. Turns out I had to download Itunes to my PC, then to the Ipad, then register everything, then make up passwords for about a dozen different subjects.
But finally after about 4 hours,
I GOT IT TURNED ON!
Then I had to figure out how to access everything....
Another almost 2 hours....
But finally it got up and running and everybody did the happy dance!
We downloaded a few free apps...
Some ABA flashcards..
A piano....
A free version of Tap2Talk.
Faith was on cloud NINE!
Carl was on cloud NINE...
Heck, I was on cloud NINE...
(After making peace with the thing!)
She quickly remembered it and began trying out all the little pictures.
She really loved the ABA Zoo animals flashcards.
(this is the free app for Tap2Talk, very cool free tester if you are considering the Proloquo2Go.)

I think that I will be doing a LOT of posts about our experiences with Faith's new tool.
I plan to get some video of her using it, up when Blogger will cooperate!
If anyone has any questions leave me a comment and I will try things out and find the answers thru trial and error.
We also got a Square Trade warranty for her Ipad...a two year warranty for less than $100 that covers dropping, spills, defects, failures and the like. So we are covered, hopefully!
Check back with me over the next few days, I will be blogging about our fascinating journey with this cool device!

7 comments:

Junior said...

yeah its here, so happy for you guys. That tap2talk app looks really neat. can't wait to here more about your ipad adventures with Faith.

Anonymous said...

Very, very happy for you and Faith and Carl! Looking forward to reading all about it! Barbara

April said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so happy Faith can have such a nifty tool!

Jen said...

I sooooo want one of those for myself!! We have a few good apps, both educational and fun. I can send you the details if you like, when you have fully forgiven the iPad for the difficult setup :D Jen.

The Henrys said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you! I'm also happy that the thing stayed in one piece during the set up. I think I would have screamed and then threw it at the wall.

Good job!! I can't wait to read more.

Mo said...

SO COOL!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I've been wondering if you got one! I'm glad I checked in on you...finally!

I'm still around....just not blogging right now.

I think of you guys everytime I see a ladybug! :)