Friday, February 19, 2010

Adventures in Cookie Sales....

Cookies....
Cookies....
Cookies....
Did I mention.....
Cookies....Two days after we received our cookies for Girl Scouts I AM SICK OF COOKIES....
I spent about 5 hours passing them out, yesterday and then the troop had their first booth sale tonight- 2 1/2 YEARS....Oh, I mean hours....he he he.



Just a trip to daddy's work, where Faith is followed around by "paparazzi" took almost three hours! She sold over 150 boxes just at his office and I am pretty sure we have broken 250 by now. Faith had so much fun racing around the side of the road, being pushed by all her little friends. It was the first nice day in a very long time, the weather was almost perfect. The children doctored up Faith wheelchair with posters and paraded her up and down the side of the road. They performed cheers, did pyramids, carried each other around on their backs. It was so cute!
They included Faith in selling the cookies...she passed out boxes and collected money. But mostly she just got pushed around. After about an hour or so she started to wear down and by the two hour mark she was ready to go home. I leave you all with pictures from our first adventure, tonight, and promises of an exciting next post. A first for our rock star girl scout....wait and see!
































4 comments:

Beverly said...

what fun. if we lived near you, i would be buying from Faith for sure.

Katy said...

Funny. I was never a girl scout, but I live for that kind of stuff--shaking a can, manning a booth--it's my thing.

Jen said...

It looked like a perfect day for the girls to be out, how lucky is that at this time of year! Well done on the sales:) Jen.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

OH How great, If you have some left u need to get rid of let me know :)