Sunday, February 28, 2010

This place is a circus...

I may have mentioned a few months ago that Faith was asked to be a representative child in the Hejaz Shriner's Circus, this year. We got the call, tonight, from the wheelchair team confirming the date, March 27 at 3pm. I am excited for her because I think she will love the animals and we get front row tickets! She has never been to a circus before so it will be an experience! Our family will be brought up on stage and be part of the circus! Last year some of the kids got to ride some of the animals. Amazing, right! They are also giving us $20 in spending money for food and gifts! I put in a word with the gentleman who signed us up, asking him to commandeer some extra tickets for Faith's girl scout troop to go. We'll see what happens but he seemed pretty sure that he could get some for us! The other big thing is I have been asked to write an article telling about Faith's life and how Shriner's has helped her. I am excited but slightly nervous. I feel compelled to tell her story but a writer, I am not. So I have to start now! I really hope that our troop will be able to accompany us, I think it would be great for the children to see and hear some of the struggles Faith has overcome in her short life not to mention, have a little fun too!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the pics of her in the circus!
how fun!

BusyLizzyMom said...

That sounds like so much fun, we have never been to a circus before. Faith will have such a great time.
I love the pics of her selling cookies, her troop sounds amazing. I definitely will be signing Elizabeth up for brownies in the fall.

Jen said...

You will have a great time, I am really looking forward to seeing those photos:) I hope some of Faiths friends can go too, that would make it extra special for her. Best of luck with the article, you will be great:) Jen.

The Henrys said...

This is an amazing opportunity and I know that you will have a wonderful time, and you will do a great job with the writing and telling Faith's story!

Anonymous said...

Whadya mean you are not a writer!? You write well here everyday.

Those Shriner's are a good group!

Barbara

Ali Harper said...

How exciting!!! I'm going crazy trying to keep up with everyone along with my self...haha! Are you on Facebook so we can keep in touch easier??? Here I am:

http://www.facebook.com/AliNichole0619?ref=profile

Jennifer Ortiz said...

HOW FABULOUS!!!!!!!! I bet she will love love love it!!!