Friday, February 26, 2010

Girl Scouts gone WILD.....

Another cold evening selling cookies on the side of the road....
But tonight, the girls got a funny idea to wear the cookie boxes...
Faith had to have one too and I thought it was appropriate that hers was a Thanks A Lot....

It was bitterly cold outside with a stiff wind but it didn't dampen the spirits of the girls. They made up a game for Faith to play. She would take one of the kid's hands and jerk them around and the girl would spin around in circles away from her. To say it was funny to Faith, is a mild understatement! She was laughing hysterically! One of the girls came up to me and said "Mrs. Candace, I love Faith's laugh. It is contagious!"


Actually the box idea was great because we had a big increase in cars stopping when they were out there dancing on the side of the road. Some of the girls really got into it and were shaking their hips and running into each other! It was a riot!


Clearly, Faith thought so too! She got a little windburned on her cheeks but she didn't care!


She got right in with the box idea. When I went to take it off she signed more, so I handed her the box and she put her head in the box, like she wanted to do it again!

Then some of the kids figured out that the boxes blocked the wind so they started wearing them on their heads. We looked out onto the highway and people were videoing the kids, with their cell phones! Truly it was stupendous! Probably one of the greatest promotions of girl scout cookies EVER!

I know I say this every week but...GOOD GRIEF I love those girls! They are SOOOOOO good to her and she loves them all so much. She is always hugging them and kissing them and they don't even care that she drools all over them!

I think I need to become a National Spokeswoman for Girl Scouts....

12 comments:

The Henrys said...

Again, I love these posts about GS. I think that you would be the perfect spokeswoman for girl scouts! You sure have made me want to get Gracie involved in scouts!

Carla said...

oh my word! can I be a Girl Scout?! What a creative idea. Faith truly is having a blast- box & all!
Thx for your comment, I don't take it the wrong way:)
Hope you have a blast seeing Train, I am jealous!!!

April said...

I just love the picture with her BIG GRIN! Priceless!

Jen said...

This is so funny, these little girls have the best imagination on top of the biggest hearts:) It looks like everyone had a great time, the photos are fantastic:) Jen.

Tara Bennett said...

It makes me so happy to see her smiling and interacting with the girls like this! What a fun thing for her to be involved in!!! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

ditto Tara's comment - The Girl Scouts, Faith and you are all spreading the happiness around. We all feel it! Barbara

Mo said...

The interaction I see between these fabulous girls in these photos makes me hopeful that one day Oia will be a part of a group too. That's just one more thing my momma heart worries about...glad you share these stories with us!

Unknown said...

What a hoot! Looks like they had a blast! I'm so glad Faith gets to be a part of such a great group of girls!

:)

Katy said...

You can post about the girl scouts every week because I love hearing about it. You should share some of these pictures with the National Organization--never know, they might want to use them in a publication or something.

Candace said...

Katy, I already have sent in some of my pics of the girls and Faith to our local council for their website. I am on a mission to get them on a cookie box, LOL!

Lisa said...

I LOVED this. :)

Beverly said...

love how much fun they are all having.