Saturday, February 6, 2010

On my honor...


Once again, I bring you adventures in girl scouting...
Two of Faith's friends helping her hold her hands right for the Pledge of Allegiance
and the Girl Scout Promise. The girl on the left, is diligent about this every week!


This week they made cards for the soldiers who will be receiving the cookies that we raised for "cookies for soldiers". These are two of Faith's helpers, working on her card with her. Are you crying yet?



Faith's best buddy, tying her shoe for her. What angels...


Can't you see the love on her face for these girls? They included her in everything, even bringing the cards up to their troop leader!

As I was snapping these pics, I noticed a spat between the little girl in yellow and the little girl behind her in blue, they are cousins, the smaller one is not a girl scout but was visiting. The visitor put her hand on Faith's wheelchair and was pushing it forward. The girl in yellow turned around and pushed her hand off of the chair! Like she was telling her to lay off! I just about died! I know they don't need to fight over her.....but how do I complain about that? I also got a cute video, that I plan to post when I have an hour to download it. Faith has a rag that I keep on her chair to catch drool. Two different times, I saw two different girls pick up the rag and wipe her mouth for her! They weren't asked to, they just did it because she needed it and they love her! What can I say, every week those girls top the week before. I am crying right now, just thinking about those girls!






8 comments:

Carla said...

Absolutely sweet! I love how Faith blesses her friends & how they bless her:) Its the the ultimate win-win!

Jen said...

Thats lovely, their Moms should be very proud of the lovely caring daughters they have, just as you are :)Jen

The Henrys said...

I really love when you share these stories! It looks like you and Faith have found some really good friends for life!

This just makes me want to put Gracie in GS even more!

my life: said...

Thank you.
For allowing these girls to see, that the world is so much bigger than they knew. That children with disabilities are not to be feared or intimidated by.
Thank you.
I know it wasn't easy and you had many fears of your own going in...you have done well friend. :0)

Mo said...

Heartwarming!

I smile seeing Faith no matter what but under the watch of those girls...priceless.

April said...

Oh that made me teary. Friends like that are angels indeed!

Beverly said...

love this

Katy said...

Hooray for those lovely girls. The look on Faith's face is just priceless.