Saturday, March 5, 2011

Proof Positive...

I finally got some half decent pictures of Faith walking, today.
I love how proud she is of herself!
She walked the entire museum today, well over an hour and a half!
I know these are blurry but they are good action shots of her actually doing it!

And of course, I have a wonderful story of yet another perfect stranger who was smitten with Faith, tonight.
Eating dinner at a seafood restaurant with my dad and Faith. A family comes in behind us and sits right near us. After a while I hear the mom talking about Faith (nicely) to her husband and two kids. When we get up to leave the woman gets up from her chair and gets my attention and asks how old Faith is. I say seven and she says "she is just beautiful, can I give her a hug?". So in a matter of minutes we are fast friends with a wonderful woman who was clearly a woman of great faith...as she knelt on her knees in the middle of the restaurant and prayed over my daughter for strength and healing and HIS hand on her and protection over her. Faith fell in love with her...smothering her with drooly kisses and hugs as the woman teared up as she heard a little of Faith's story. She was trying to adopt the two kids with her, who came from an abusive home but she clearly had some experience with people with disabilities b/c she knew some sign language and also asked about Faith having a G tube, even though she never saw it. And the weird thing is, they were from the next town over from where I was born!
She asked for my email address to keep in touch. She was also a survivor of ovarian cancer. Once again, God placed this woman in our path. I love to meet the people who come out of the woodwork when Faith is around. It's uncanny! All I can say is it must be God's handiwork! Proof positive...my daughter walking!

10 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Faith, you are A-MAZING! I love these pictures of you walking. :) The story about the lady in the restaurant was great. I imagine she will become a good friend to you.

The Henrys said...

Those pictures are incredible! How wonderful that she walked for so long, and I love the story of the woman you met. You seem to always meet the nicest people! You must live in a wonderful town.

Coley said...

Awesome pictures! I love those types of encounters with strangers!

Candice, in my most recent blog post (http://coleybelle.blogspot.com/2011/03/mandisa.html), I link to a song called Stronger by Mandisa. When I read the lyrics, you came to mind. Although it's hard to see right now I'm sure, your current struggle will make you stronger. You are in my prayers.

Mo said...

Faith, Oia wants to know if you'll walk over to our house for a playdate?? We are so proud of you!

April said...

Oh my goodness!! Faith is amazing! Congratulations!! I'm so glad you have wonderful people placed in your path...

Territory Mom said...

The photos are perfect!!! God is so amazing!!! Nothing just happens. I'm so glad you have a new angel. Praise God!!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE YOU FAITH!!!!!!!

BusyLizzyMom said...

Great pictures of her walking (yeah). Just by her pictures you can see what presence Faith has, her smile is welcoming and beautiful.

Sherry C said...

I love the pictures too, seems she really doing well. I'm so impressed. Keep up the good work mom your really amazing.

Anonymous said...

She has that affect on me online!

So wonderful she walking easily!

Hugs, Barbara