Monday, March 21, 2011

Walking requires Faith...

I finally got a short video of Faith walking while I didn't have to hold onto her or keep her from falling. This is our beloved PT, Erin, who will be leaving us in the next week. Very sad to see her go, but we are close outside of therapy, so it will be ok. Forgive the sideways view, I couldn't get it turned.Faith is making so much progress, so quickly. In just the last week she has had dramatic improvements in her balance. Her PT was shocked to see how much better she had gotten since last Monday. And just look at her good posture!

Tonight, we sit in Charleston, down for an epilepsy appointment. I am actually VERY excited to come to this appointment. I can't wait to see her doctor's face when she comes walking into his office! He will be soooo surprised! I have several other things to discuss with him as far as her medicine regimen goes. In the next few weeks, Faith will be one year seizure free, a HUGE deal to say the least. There have been discussions on trying to wean her off her Tegretol, if the Keppra worked well, and clearly it has. I think the combination seems to work well, but Tegretol does affect the liver and if we could get good control and off the Tegretol, that sure would be nice.

Hope you all enjoy seeing my miracle walking, FINALLY!


9 comments:

Cary said...

WOW! You say that "walking requires Faith" and I say that "walking gives Hope"...hope to all of us. Thank you so much for posting this. I have goosebumps and hope that someday I can post a video like this.

Cheryl said...

Love.it.

She is such an inspiration and full of trust in you and her caregivers. She is able to step out because of that too.

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful Faith...

With Hope,
Cheryl

The Henrys said...

Oh my goodness! She is amazing! She is making amazing progress and I can't believe how fast she is walking!! Way to go Faith!!

Sherry C said...

Beautiful steps, she is amazing i love the pictures and the video .. I know my girl will do that one day and I can't wait. Thanks for sharing it's so nice your blogging again. Keep walking Faith!!!

trennia said...

That is awesome, praise the Lord!
What a precious video!

Mo said...

Um, that is some AWESOME posture! She is so straight and seemingly symetrical which is just so amazing for any kiddo to master with CP. I am beyond impressed... You never gave in, she never gave up and the result is simply a miracle, no doubt.

Junior said...

amazing, Faith I am so proud of you and your mommy, way to go.

Anonymous said...

Quite beautiful!
Barbara

Katy said...

So flipping amazing. I feel like it was just days ago when you telling us about how Faith was able to move around in her wheelchair using her arms--now look at her! You would NEVER know she needed a wheelchair.