Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hummus, anyone?????

Here is my lovely girl enjoying some of our "hard, homeschool work" with self feeding! One of our major goals for her, of course, is to eat by mouth as much as possible. So today, after a trip to the store and a big jar of hummus, she sat in her (new to us) activity chair while I did dishes and laughed and spilled stuff and made a big mess! She used her NUK brush to dip it and then her fingers/fists to smear it all over her face and hair! She figured out if she made a big to do about putting it in her mouth I would dance around the kitchen like an idiot! So I snagged lots of good pictures of her laughing at my stupidity.
Who knew Hummus could be so much fun? She sat there for a good hour and a half without complaint and enjoyed a little of the exotic....

11 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I love this. I just adore the fact you find so much joy in your little girl. Are kids are so special. Yeah for hummus!!!!

Mo said...

OMG!! Okay, I probably shouldn't admit to this as it is way too wierd but then again way too crazy to not share...I totally thought of Faith today while Oia and I were having our afternoon snack of HUMMUS and chips!!! I really did!! And our girls wore the EXACT same hair-do today, the twist-up bun-like piggie tails!! We really need to meet one day!

Love, love, love her smiling in those pix!

Carla said...

Oh I so needed to see a precious smile. She is having a blast & yay for self feeding!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!!!!!

Glad she likes it...it's yummy and health, too :)

Katy said...

You know, leaving Charlie in his chair with food on his tray is one of the few times of the day when he's completely content and needs nothing from me. It's fabulous.

Junior said...

looks like she had a blast, love all those big smiles

Territory Mom said...

Keep dancing momma, well worth those beautiful smiles.

Alicia said...

Ha, that is so awesome!! Way to go Faith for eating and having a blast doing it! And Way to go Candace for dancing around like an idiot and making your girl smile! I LOVE it!

Have a great weekend!

Jo said...

I love the pictures! I sure wish I could have had hummus homework when I was a kid. Faith has good taste!

April said...

What a happy snack! Her smile is so precious! I love it!

P Ropecia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.