Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tie Dye Fun...

Last Thursday, our local library had Tie Dye Day. The kids were invited to bring a t shirt or something white that they could dye....er....destroy!
Faith took a pillow case to color. First they made book marks out of foam stickers and glue...Faith was all about the glue and made a BIG mess all over her wheelchair and lap! I purposely dressed her in clothes that wouldn't be destroyed by dye but wasn't prepared for a glue war. She chose pink and teal to use and we were very conservative with the colors. Some of the other kids made a HUGE mess that dripped down onto the floor where the plastic had been moved under the table by all the kid feet. I felt so bad for the poor librarian. When we got home I put out the pillow case on the back porch to dry and it was totally dry in one hour! That's how hot it is here! Faith dragged her artwork all over the house for the rest of the night, she was so proud of it. This Thursday a bee keeper is bringing some of his bees and doing a presentation. Hey, I can't complain about the library doing some of my homeschooling work for me, can I?
?

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Hi,
I don't remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I enjoy reading it. I have an 11 year old son with cerebral palsy who I think is ALOT like Faith. I too homeschool him. My blog is (which I don't keep up with too often) is:
candirfamiy.blogspot.com

Lorie

Anonymous said...

Am I wrong in interpreting that you were not really upset about the mess, Candace? Because the photos show her doing some nice hand-stuff. Letting her use her hands despite the mess - well, I'm thinking it is worth it. And, wow! her tie-dye is really pretty!
Barbara

Junior said...

The tie dye looks great, love it. Messes are so much fun, Junior thinks the more mess the more fun.

Coley said...

Tie Dye is so much fun. You are right - messy - but fun! I love that the library does all that. :)

Katy said...

Looks like it came out great!

I've noticed that us parents of the special kids get very upset when they get stuff on their clothes--I wonder why this is?

The Henrys said...

Looks like she had a great time! It is so cute that she carried her art work around with her because she was so proud!!

I love going to the library and we plan to do some of the activities there this summer.