Monday, June 14, 2010

Things I can't live without...




Here are some of my new favorite gadgets that we can't live without, here in our house. Don't know how we ever lived without them. This was my greatest new find at the Education Shack that I talked about a few weeks ago. An activity table for water, sand, beans and the like. I always wished for something like this for Faith but they are ridiculously expensive! Found this, last Saturday, for.... $20, people! I was soooo stoked! She has been spending hours playing at this thing. It is the perfect height for her to stand on her knees and she will stay there forever. We have been putting little people animals in there and when she picks them up we say what they are. This is her favorite new toy and it's so cute to see her go into her playroom and stand there going "peeeeeeeese" for me to bring it into the kitchen and put water in it. Freakin' darling! I looked it up on the computer and the cheapest place I found it was $80! Score!

Her other new piece of wonderful-ness is her activity chair. Here in SC we have an organization called Family Connections that pairs parents of special needs kids together with other parents of similar kids. They keep a loaner closet (house) that parents can come and borrow/use equipment that people have outgrown/donated. It's a wonderland of old, new, crazy equipment from the last 20 years! I have been on a hunt for a chair with a tray that we could use for h.s.ing but no luck for two months. So I put in a call and went over a week ago, they said they didn't think they had anything that Faith could fit into but we went into the building outside and right there in the front was this perfect activity chair! It fits her perfect and she LOVES it, asking daily to get into it. I love it because it's adjustable, has a tray, an abductor pad and a seat belt. It was exactly what I was wanting. And I get to keep it as long as she needs it! Who could ask for anything better?

This last one is the wonderful gift from our new friends, T and his momma. (Don't ya love our cat, thinkin' she can get a ride?) This is called a Kaye wagon walker and it is the apple of Faith's eye! I know it's as old as the hills but it's in perfect shape. She had been using one of those baby push walkers to get around at home but it was way too small for her. This bad boy is made for bigger kids and adjusts! The family who gave it to us had replaced the front wheels with casters for easier turning and when we got it we moved the hand bar back because she was getting stuck in the middle. I have had my toes run over so many times, I think they are all broken! She loves the basket in the front and gives all her precious belongings...babies, books, hello kitties, bottles even her baby cousin the other night...rides everyday!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Always love it when we find objects to make our lives easier, and our kids lives more enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

Suhweet!

I had fun just watching her! (Like your blue kitchen!)

You can slow her down or cause her to work harder by putting weight in the 'basket'. Love the kitty photo! Barbara

Mo said...

You guys have fun, don't you!? ;0)

She's a doll!!

Coley said...

I heart Family Connections.

Junior said...

Love the video, you can tell she loves her new water table.

Katy said...

She's so cute! I think I need one of these Education shacks near me.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh I love it all, and I want that kitty!

April said...

What wonderful tools to bring joy to her days! You always do such wonderful things! xoxo