Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lunch...

Wednesday, we had lunch with our beloved PT, at the bakery/deli that Carl recommended. We both had sandwiches that were good (but crazy ridiculously expensive). After lunch, she invited us over to her house, which turns out, was just half a mile down the road! She is awesome, have I mentioned that before? She took Faith outside and jumped her on the trampoline, let her drag all her kid's toys out of their toy bins, and generally get into trouble all around her house. She followed Faith around on her hands and knees almost the whole time! When it was time to go to therapy she asked if we would like to come back after therapy and play with her kids. So we did! It was lots of fun, the kids were so good to Faith. They shared their toys, read her stories and even diligently wiped her mouth when she drooled! They were just as attentive as their wonderful momma, they come by it honest. And they are such good kids!
I felt a little awkward because I didn't want her to feel like she was doing therapy for Faith when we just came over to spend time with her. I felt like we didn't get to sit down and chat much, but I did have a great time. I asked her about coming up to the house and she said she would love to and didn't mind the long drive. So if I can get my house cleaned up I think we will try to get them up to the house. It was a good time for all of us. I really hope that we can spend some more time with her and her family.


6 comments:

The Henrys said...

That's great Candace. I am so glad that you reached out and asked her to have lunch. It looks like you have made a really good friend!

Sherry C said...

Fabulous picture of faith standing .. she really doing great. I'm so curious how the home school is going that so ambition of you I'm so impressed. It is so amazing the people you meet on this journey isn't it.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I like her so much because she is so good to Faith and you! Please give her my sincere thanks for being a blessing in your lives. Barbara

AZ Chapman said...

so nice looks like Faith will have some more playmates

i have cp too by the way come visit.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How fun! It sounds like she is a great PT and a great friend. Faith looks wonderful standing up there! :)