Monday, December 7, 2009

Amendment to previous post...

Let me just amend what I stated earlier in the Changes post. In SC, we have Baby Net, which is birth to three services. Then most kids age out and go into what is basically special needs preschool. Most kids. But you can try to qualify for continued services by applying and often having to do psyc. evals and such. Since we knew that we did not want Faith in preschool we opted out of that and applied for continued services. You don't get all the services like BabyNet but you do get EI services. So Faith did get those services extended but most kids don't continue that program, they go on to preschool. Anyway, I am going to post later about my last five days....CRAZY! Faith did good with her casts off but I will detail that later, today!

2 comments:

my life: said...

Could you sense that we were all feeling jealous? ;0)
looking forward to hearing about the past 5 days!

Carla said...

I know I was jealous! That is nice that there is an option after the birth to three. In TX we go from EI to the school system & I'm already freaking out about it:/