Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FIRE....

This morning, I awoke to a hysterical phone call at 4:30am. My stepfather's house caught fire and burned to the ground. My sister and her children and husband were home but not my step dad. They barely escaped with their lives. Her husband woke to the fire alarms going off and within minutes the roof was collapsing on the house. They made it out and they are all ok but there is nothing left. The only thing standing was the chimney. It was terrible, when I pulled in the drive, flames were shooting 50 feet into the air and the trees were on fire. My brother in law had to drag my sister out of the house because she was trying to go back for the Christmas presents. She got some burns on her hands and foot but she is ok. It was such a terrible sight to see. My step dad lost everything..they lost everything. Thankfully our community has reached out to them and lots of people are offering baby clothes and gifts for the children on Christmas. They are being put up in a hotel for 3 days but I don't know what they are going to do. We had a house fire as children but it was contained to the attic but that was so traumatic for us. I can't imagine....they were all minutes from losing their lives. Baby A. was sleeping in a baby swing and part of his swing was melted. He was that close! Please keep my sister and her family and my step dad in your prayers over the holidays.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my! So scary! I'll kkep you all in my prayers!

Cjengo said...

OH MY!!! In my prayers for sure

Katy said...

Oh my gosh, prayers for them. That's so scary.

Karen said...

Oh how scary, but Praise God they were OK! They will be in our prayers!

Blessings,
Karen

therextras said...

Just horrible! Sending prayers now!

Beverly said...

this is so sad and scary. I will be keeping them in my prayers.

TMI Tara said...

Somehow I missed this post before. I'm soooo sorry this happened, but am grateful they were able to survive. Many wishes that the support they have been receiving will continue. God bless.