Monday, November 30, 2009

A busy week..And Contest Winner...



After starting back to some of our therapies, last week, I am forced back into full swing! This week we start off with OT- Monday, Phyc. Eval for Life time eligibility at DDSN-Tues., Speech-Wed., Shriner's (casts off for the first time) as well as Early Intervention Christmas party-Thur. and SO FAR free day on Fri.! Mind you most of these places are at least 30 min. away some over an hour! We took Faith's splints off, the other night, to have a closer look at her legs and heels. She was incredibly stiff in her knees, I can't imagine why! But she did allow me to bend her knees a few times. She has developed a small red spot on her right heel, the worst offender for pressure wounds. So, I removed the ace bandage and fill in piece, covering her heel. It's still there today, but doesn't seem any worse. If we can just make it to Thurs.....I am very curious to see her legs and feet when they get this set of casts off. We haven't seen her legs since the surgery and curiosity is getting the better of me. I want to see how bad the incisions are and what kind of scarring she is going to have. I know her little feet were messed up b/c of all the spastic muscles but they were perfectly sweet and adorable. Now, I know they are going to be all scarred up, forever. I know it's silly but I can't forget about it. All of her other scars are covered by her hair on her head or her shirt but these will be quite obvious. Oh well, if she can get to walking, that's all that matters. She is perfect, no matter the scars....

One more thought, only a mother of a special child will understand me when I say I just love this picture of her with that little bit of drool on her chin. I know it's weird but it's Faith!
Also, I know I have been slack about announcing a winner in the Miracle Veteran contest... Forgive me but the surgery really got me spinning... Anyway, the WINNER is...
AMBER, from Tales of the Baker Bunch! Amber, email me your mailing address and I will get your sign out to you, asap!

4 comments:

my life: said...

Yay! :0) Thank you!

my life: said...

I can't find your e-mail address...is it just me? Here is mine...
bakerfam01@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Finally! Just kidding! Amber is definitely a Miracle Veteran (one of many).

Full swing is a good thing, eh? Barbara

Katy said...

Scars fade! just keep telling yourself that. Faith looks adorable.