Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ok, Ok, Ok.... Hello anybody want to win a contest?




Ok everyone! I have had very little response to my contest. So thanks to Dr. Boucher, I am going to try some some other tactics! First off, I am extending the deadline, I am going to extend it to Nov. 8. To refresh everyone's memory, I am having a contest for all of you MIRACLE VETERANS out there.






My hope and goal was to hear some inspiring stories from my bloggy friends. To remind you all, I am looking for some stories about your children and you that have reminded you of the fragility of life and how precious our children are. It doesn't have to be "THE" story about what happened to your child. It can be a small story that really spoke to you or was a defining moment.

For me, it was when Faith did her first sign. She was exactly 4 and a half. We had tried everything we could think of to get her to talk or sign or use a.com. devices. Nothing worked! So I tried to accept the idea. It was hard for a while (a long while) but slowly we did. Then one day we were waiting for therapy in the hall outside and a baby came by with her mother. I said "baby" and signed the word for it, too. All of a sudden she did it too! And so began our signing saga! She has learned about 50 signs in the last 15 months. Her latest include pumpkin, witch and a very modified version of Happy Halloween. I cannot tell you the joy we experienced when she began to sign! No words can describe it!


So, what's your story! Come on, you know you have one or a hundred! Just post one on your blog and then come back and leave a comment. I will read them and choose a winner, as randomly as possible! LOL!


9 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I know, I didn't have a response on my scentsy giveaway either, argh. Well I had posted, hahaha! I hope you get more entries :)

Caroline said...

Hmmmm, can't think at the moment...will get back to u on that one. just wanted to say what a lil beauty faith is, beautiful blog too
Xxx

Anonymous said...

I will link this on my next post which will be a couple of days before the deadline.

People might enter one of their older posts - on a day when they felt a miraculous change in their child. What it meant to them. How it helps them still...

Barbara

Katy said...

Hooray for extended dealines!!! I was having a touch of writer's block and then last night I had an idea.

BusyLizzyMom said...

I think our defining moment was when Elizabeth was born. Despite being only 1 1/2 lbs she gave a kitten like mew when she came out, that sound told me that everything would be alright. Her mew has turned into a dinosaur roar now as she still continues to fight for what she feels is hers. We do not encourage it but secretly we are loving it. Without her spunky fighting nature she would not be doing what she is doing today.

Katy said...

Ok. I made a post--not sure if it's exactly what you had in mind, but it's what i came up with. The link is here:

http://birdonthestreet.blogspot.com/2009/11/miracle-veteran.html

I don't know how to imbed, sorry.

Anonymous said...

So many miracles! but I blogged about what's been on my mind lately.

http://littlemamabear.blogspot.com/2009/11/miracle-veterans.html

Cary said...

Just found you from Katy's blog. I'll think on it and enter before the deadline.

Keri said...

Barbara left me a comment that led me to your blog. Glad she did!

Here is my miracle post....

http://loganssuperheroes.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-is-miracle.html

Sorry, I don't know how to embed either.