Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shackles




So, Faith is a BIG music lover! She seems to like upbeat, catchy tunes like- anything by Toby Mac, Jimmy Buffet(thnks to the hubby), Mandissa, etc. Her very favorite song of all time is a song called "Shackles" by a sister group called Mary Mary! From the first time she heard this song, she would kick her little feet and flail her arms over her head. It's a very fast, bouncy song that talks about being freed from the shackles of sin. Some of the words go like this.... "You broke those chains so I can lift my hands, I just want to praise you.......... Take the shackles off my feet, so I can dance..... but I need you to lift this load cause I can't take it no more!" Now, every time I hear this song, I get choked up b/c it reminds me of Faith and how she is "Shackled" with this load that she has to bear! I can't help but think of her, one day, running down the streets of gold, praising GOD for releasing her from her shackles! I know that God puts things like this in my life to remind me of how precious she is and how lucky we are to have her in our lives! It is such a happy song, if you hear it you just want to dance! It's like Faith's little theme song. I just want to praise GOD for giving Faith to us and letting us have every moment with her! I am sooooo lucky for these "Shackles"! If you want to listen to this song, you can scroll down and look for it on my playlist at the bottom of this blog!

1 comments:

Beverly said...

what a sweet photo. My son Noah loves music too.