Friday, September 4, 2009

Your biggest pride?

Ok everyone, I was thinking about somethings that several moms out there have made post about recently. About seeing the small, "Giant" steps that our children take everyday in life that many thought they could never do. This got me to thinking about all of the things that Faith has mastered and overcome in the last 5 1/2 yrs. There was holding her head up and then there was sitting up, at almost 2! BIG, I tell you! Holding things in both hands, learning her own version of a commando crawl, then hopping and now walking on her knees! SO many of these things seemed like unrealistic expectations for sooooo long. I used to think (sometimes, still do!) how is she going to get all these vital things? How are we going to teach her? What will happen if she doesn't do certain things. But then I see her learn something ALL BY HERSELF! Like how to open the top on a PEZ dispenser, (TODAY!)! She thought it was the funniest thing ever! And so did I! So I wonder about how all of you look at these things? What are some things that your babies have learned to do, that maybe you didn't think they would do or surprised you with a new skill, out of the blue? It brings me back to thinking about what Katy wrote in her list a few days ago about assuming the best, instead of the worst! Because MY daughter CAN cover her eyes and play peek a boo in her own way! SO FREAKING CUTE! And she gets things, things that I didn't think she got! What are some of the small things that you are really hoping for?

3 comments:

Ellen Seidman said...

Oh, that is awesome that she's opening a Pez dispenser! So cute, and great achievement.

A skill from Max that's surprised me lately: the phrases he's saying. Like today, I called home and the babysitter told him to say "See you soon" and he said it. At first, I didn't understand but then she told me what he was saying and he said it again.

Our kids are AMAZING!!!

Katy said...

Gosh. Everything Charlie does amazes me. Today he was sitting in his little chair and he saw his cup, reached over, grabbed it, and took a slug. So wonderful! And who would've thought?

Beverly said...

Noah amazes me everyday too! I love just love when I see that he learned something new or that he gets something! that is the best gift ever!