Monday, February 7, 2011

Lost.....found....

Hello all my dear blog friends....
We are actually still living and breathing, believe it or not!
I know my post have been cryptic and few over the last seven or eight months but I guess the truth is now pretty public. I ask you all to pray for me and for Faith and for that matter...Carl too.

In July, Carl left us. There...I said it. It was a shock and my heart is truly broken.

I won't go into all the gory details in such a public domain but to say the least.... it has been brutal. Faith and I have been in a tough limbo land with a tremendous amount of changes and uncertainty in our Iives. I have struggled with intense emotions and overwhelm so blogging has been at the bottom of my totem pole. Anyway, I am going to try to get back into this and maybe get some therapy from it. I never expected to become a statistic but I guess there are a lot of things that are just out of our control.

To change the subject to a happier note...Faith is doing really well with her development. She just started walking holding someone's hand in the last few weeks and she is on top of the world! Balance is still a big issue but she is doing tremendously well. She can now identify letters a b and c by pointing and is working on numbest 1 2 and 3. I am so proud and humbled by her drive and determination! She can also get herself off the couch and is even talking more. She was made the honorary captain of the girls 10 and under basketball team complete with her own jersey! She is also being featured on our local hospital's website for the therapy center she attends.

My post will be brief but I will be doing more soon. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we are under intense fire from the enemy and I need God's protection.

9 comments:

Mo said...

Oh Candace.... I have had you on my mind more than you know. It seems like forever since our last email exchange and I have wondered so much about you and Faith and your journey forward together. I miss you and your sweet girl and can't wait to read more about her progress and recent happenings. Seeing your post on my dashboard was like a breath of fresh air!! You're back! ((Hugs))

The Henrys said...

I have missed you so much! I am so happy to see you back here but am so sorry for all that you have been through the past few months. I have thought of you often and actually visited your blog today, just to look around. I have said many prayers for you and Faith and hope that you continue to get strength from them.
I am very happy to hear all that Faith has been doing and I would love to see some videos of her walking soon! That's is amazing that she knows some letters and numbers. Are you still using the ipad with her?
Welcome back and write more when you can! HUGS

Carla said...

Oh Candace, So glad you are back & sad for your circumstances. Praying for you & Faith.

Sherry C said...

Sending Hugs to you and Faith, I'm also sorry to hear you been through so much. Sounds like Faith has made wonderful progress that's fabulous. I'm sure she is your shinning light. I'm happy your back to your blog I'm sure you will find lots of support here.

my life: said...

I've thought about/prayed for you all often! It's good to see you're still around. :0) Still praying friend...so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

You and Faith have not been far from my thoughts all this time. Seeing this post today (because I saw your unlinked name at Katy's) is a sign that my prayers have been answered. You have survived the first portion and reaching out to us here is a good sign. I hope you feel the blessings of love and prayer through the comments here.

So happy to read of Faith's progress! Barbara

Katy said...

Candace:
I have missed you and my heart is breaking a little for you. I can't imagine what you are going through as you try to figure out a new way of life for you and Faith. I will be praying for you guys.

I wish I had better words, but don't.

Trish said...

So sorry to hear all that you and Faith have been going through. I pray that you will feel God's presence and strength with you every day.

BusyLizzyMom said...

Welcome back, I have been very worried for you. I am sorry you have had to go through something so painful.
Good to hear Faith is doing so well. Can't wait to see pics of her.