Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ok, now for some good news...

Sorry to all my dear friends for my miserable rants lately. There have been lots of really good things happening to Faith over the last months.
I am just gonna make a list since my prose is still struggling...

She is talking more everyday...attempting new words every single day.

She can now recognize when we go to visit family..when we go to my dad's house she gets excited as soon as we turn on his road and she starts pointing in the direction of his house. Super cute!

She is pulling up slowly but surely daily getting closer to standing independently every day.

She is can help get into my new van, stepping up with some support and even turning around to sit down.

She can now reliably recognize letters A,B and C when presented in fields of two. This is huge because my goal was for her to do it over a year but she is doing it now with 3 months to go!

She is, of course, walking holding my hand or a shopping cart.

This one is great, guys.....there is a commercial on GMC for a show called " Sue Thomas FBI" about a deaf woman who reads lips and signs...Faith recognizes that she is signing on the commercial and points it out to me every time she sees it, showing me signs with her own hands! Freaking darling!

She is beginning to understand counting...when I present several of the same objects and ask her to count them she will touch each one in sequence as I say the numbers out loud. You can tell she understands some of it b/c she will sometimes back up to see what number I will say.

She know all about the library now, her favorite place in the world, and gets soooo excited when we arrive there.

This is just a small example of the things she has been doing. She has made so much progress, it is amazing! I am so humbled to be her mom and to bear witness to God's miracles. It has given me so much hope and encouragement that He will provide for us and continue to protect us. I have lost my Internet connection so I haven't been able to upload any pictures yet but I have some neat ones when I get the chance.

Please keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Sherry C said...

Wow she is doing fabulously. So nice to hear all that great stuff she going to be a reader very soon I'm sure with all the books you read. The talking is so amazing to m too.. that's wonderful.

@jencull (jen) said...

She is doing so well, I would love to see the Sue Thomas FBI thing, any chance you might catch it on film sometime? :D Lovely to get an update. Jen

Katy said...

Candace: First let me say again that I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this and I am SO GLAD that Faith is a bright light in the middle of all this garbage.

Money? Hmmmmmm. . . I will tell you that the best way I have made money while staying at home has been advising small businesses on blogging/Facebook/etc. I don't know if that's something you would be interested in doing, but you can teach yourself most of it and you can work from home mostly. Please shoot me a line if you want more information on my business or how I got started.