Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All the beautiful colors......

One of Faith's goals for speech therapy, this quarter, is to learn to identify four colors. It hardly seems possible that this could be a goal for her with all the difficulties she has faced in her six years. I used to wonder if she would ever know colors.....YES she does....at least a little!



Recently she has been beginning to identify the color green. When you ask her about a color usually she says green. She can say a few other colors (or at least attempts to). So today, they worked on sorting two colors...green of course and yellow. They found objects of those colors to match on the appropriate colored papers. I was pretty proud of her. She wasn't perfect, had a few mistakes, but all in all she did pretty well. Once she put a green one on the yellow paper but thought better of it and moved it. We are working on this at home too...pointing out the colors of all kinds of objects...but sometimes I wondered if she just thought that the pink ring is just called a pink ring and not necessarily recognizing the colors. But I think she is making progress....




5 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to go Faith! I loved to hear her say "green." What a smart gal she is! :)

Junior said...

way to go Faith, you are doing great.

Jen said...

We are doing colours at the moment too. I have been known to use the lid of a tin of Quality Street sweets so like you, absolutely anything we can lay our hands on gets put to good use. Well done Faith:) Jen.

Katy said...

Great activity! I'll have to try this with Charlie.

Anonymous said...

Progress indeed!

She could do this in the stander, too. Just saying. ;)

I like what I see in her right hand, too. Barbara