Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Play therapy....

I took a page from Dr. Boucher's suggestion on her blog titled...
Messy Therapy
So we got a container of Chocolate Cool Whip and let Faith have at it! I chose the chocolate because she responds well to stronger flavors. Needless to say, it was a MESS! But she had a blast!
We got out spoons and NUK brushes and bowls....
I loved seeing her put the spoons and cool whip in her mouth...

She thought it was the funniest thing ever, making a BIG mess all over the table and floor and chair and herself....

She pretended to color with her hands and with her utensils....

Then she got the NUK brush stuck in her mouth and couldn't figure out where it went...

She also did some throwing (not my favorite part!) leaving me a bigger mess on the floor to clean up....She seemed to like the feeling of the cool whip because when she had obliterated a pile of it she would sign "more" for another pile....

Then she decided to make it a full body mess and lie down in it....see arms, hair, face, clothes....

All in all totally worth the $.50 for the cool whip....but I sure wish I could find someone willing to clean up the mess!









8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you took a bunch of pictures in the bathtub cleaning it all off of her! LOL!

I'm a bad mom. I hate messy stuff.
I always had Eli in nice clothes for preschool - and then teacher would bring over cornstarch for him to play in! I don't care for cornstarch on his clothes, thankyouverymuch! haha
I'll get over it....someday...

Katy said...

We did a similar activity with marinara for Charlie--the pictures came out so cute! Kids do like to make messes!

Junior said...

such a great idea and it looks like Faith loves it.

Cheryl said...

What a blast she must have had :)

Looks like a great activity for outside in the summer or for in the bath tub (on the bath tub walls).

You are such a great mom to let her to that knowing how much work it was going to be to clean it up!

With love and hope,
Cheryl

We are Nine

Mo said...

Hats off to you for not being afraid of a mess! Oia loves this too!

Anonymous said...

Okay you can blame me for the mess, but blame Katy if you choose to go Italian next time. ;)

On the sensory side, I so believe in the child exploring intentionally over providing passive sensory experience.

Good job, Candace!
Barbara

April said...

Oh how FUN!!! I bet she was in heaven! What a wonderful mom you are!

Tara Bennett said...

We do "messy therapy" in the tub with nothing but a diaper on. It makes clean-up a little easier!

Looks like she was having SO much fun! So cute :)