Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Walking and phone calls...

Pause the music at the bottom of the page...

I am so excited to share this video with everyone. After surgery and what seemed like eternity in casts and knee immobilizers, we have Faith walking! She is still weak but she can walk the length of this hallway with guidance. When she went for her first follow up at Shriner's, they told me that she looked better than they expected! They said that lots of kids are not even taking steps yet at one month out of casts! So this is pretty great stuff, folks~! And yes, I know her gait trainer is super cool! It's one of a kind, courtesy of the dollar tree and it's great wall stickers! If you have to use a walker it better be cool!

This was a few nights ago, Faith was playing with my cell phone and all of a sudden the house phone rang. She had called the house! Don't know how she did it but it was so cute! So Carl answered it and she was totally confused. I just loved it when she kissed the phone!

8 comments:

The Henrys said...

That is amazing! I can't believe how fast she goes! Thanks for sharing this, it made my day.

Jen said...

Omigosh, that video is fantastic. She is not just taking a few steps, it is proper proper walking and at fair speed too. She looks so comfortable walking, you must be about to burst with excitement. Well done Faith :D Jen.

Mo said...

She is a ray of sunshine, no matter she does! Her steps look wonderful, smooth, and how awesome this feels for you and your family. I don't know her but I am so proud of her!

Katy said...

She looks GREAT!!!! So glad the surgery has opened up so much to her.

BusyLizzyMom said...

Way to go Faith. She looks great walking. I love her cool walker

Anonymous said...

Me, too - kissing daddy on the phone was TOO cute!

Agreeing with everyone on her beautiful walking! (You know me) Always looking to make things more challenging for children - Can you set her up at home to walk to.go.somewhere? Like, everyday she walks from point A to point B in her walker-? (functional mobility) Just saying. Barbara

Lisa said...

Oh, I loved both videos. The walking- so fantastic, she went really far really fast! And on the phone with daddy?- Soooo cute! Thanks for making me smile today. :)

Beverly said...

so exciting. too funny about the phone call but too cool