Saturday, February 20, 2010

Faith's first...

Yesterday was a big deal for our little girl.
Her friend from Girl Scouts (a third grader, mind you) came home to play with her, last night. She had her first friend over! Now some of you may be shocked but Faith does have family friends over and family kids over but this was her first....outside friend!

A friend that she made, on her own, who does not have to be nice to her because she is family or a close family friend...


This is the same little girl whose daddy made the beautiful horse for Faith's birthday. The same little girl who is so possessive over Faith. She has been begging for weeks to come home with Faith and we finally worked out a time, after their cookie sale last night. It was good because she was only able to stay for about an hour and fifteen minutes since Faith had to go to bed. It was just enough time for them to get to play but not for Faith to get overwhelmed or worn out. They read together, played kitchen, played in her room on her bed and ate girl scout cookies (Lemonades, if you were wondering...) together. It was the cutest thing ever!

When it came time to leave, her little friend said "I'm gonna ask my momma if I can spend the night with Faith one night"
Yes, friends, I was bawling my eyes out by then...

She got to see Faith get her night time medicines thru her feeding tube, get dressed for bed and have her diaper changed and she didn't bat an eye! Acted like it was nothing at all!

Then today at our second booth sale she came running up to Faith and hugged her and said " I wanna come home with Faith today!"

Ok everybody, you can all pull out your hankies and have a good cry, now....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a big smile over here! Happy for you and Faith and her friend!

Barbara

Cheryl said...

Hebrews 13:2
Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!

Not that Faith's friend was a stranger, but she sure sounds to me like she could be an angel, so it doesn't surprise me that she gets along so well with your beautiful (inside and out) daughter!

With love and hope,
Cheryl
We are Nine

Junior said...

so sweet, looks like Faith has made a very special friend.

Katy said...

I'm already a teary mess and that just pushed me over the edge--how wonderful.

Mo said...

Ear to ear, one big smile over here! What a connection, for BOTH girls!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! :) Bless their hearts!!!

God is so good!

Jen said...

Awww, that is gorgeous and has put the biggest smile on my face. Its morning here while I am reading and this will set me up very well for the day. I hope they have a long and happy friendship:) Jen.

The Henrys said...

I love this! So wonderful. Thanks for sharing all of the GS stories.

Carla said...

oh my, this is AWESOME!!!!! your right, i'm teary now!!!

Jo said...

This just melted my heart. Faith seems like a lovable kid all around. I'm glad that others, such as her new friend, are able to see how wonderful she is.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh Candace, this is wonderful. I am sharing tears with you because I so know what it means. I hope that someday Jude can have a friend spend the night,

Lisa said...

What a beautiful post!

Beverly said...

love this. so sweet.