Thursday, August 27, 2009

H1N1.......

I know that by posting this I may become a social pariah because everyone is freaking out about this......

On Mon. I started feeling like I was getting a sore throat. I felt a little weak and by Tues. morning, I knew I was sick. I had a raging fever and could barely get off the couch. So Carl stayed home w/ us yesterday b/c I was so sick I couldn't take care of Faith. He finally convinced me to go to the doctor. They recommended I be tested for the H1N1 virus b/c there was an outbreak in our area. So they stuck this HUGE swab up my nose about 5 inches and did a rapid test and sure enough I have it! I couldn't believe it! They put the whole house on Tamaflu as a preventative. I think Carl might be showing symptoms this morning, though. Faith seems to be fine, I just pray that she doesn't get it b/c it could be really bad for her. The whole house is quarantined until everyone who is sick has had no fever for 24 hrs w/o meds to bring it down.

5 comments:

Beverly said...

so sorry you are sick! Praying Faith doesnt get it and that you and Carl get well soon.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Awww you are not the village outcast...lol. Poor thing!!! There is an outbreak of it here too. People said they are wondering why they are making such a big deal about it, um because everyone is getting it. Get better soon!! My nephew just got over it.

Unknown said...

Yikes bikes. I'm so scared of Eli getting it at pre-school!
Hope you feel better soon!

We'll pray for safety and protection for Faith!

Michelle said...

Oh No! I'll be praying for all of you. Keep us posted (as you feel well enough to).

Karen said...

Oh Wow! I will be praying for you!
The flu is NO fun ! I will pray also that no one else will catch it!

I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog. I enjoy reading your blog and hearing about Faith!

Blessings,
Karen