Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thanks and Homeschooling conference adventures

First of all I have to plug, my friend, Amy of Inside Amy's World (http://amygenn.blogspot.com/). Amy, I am writing in yellow for Eli's giraffes! Amy was so kind to offer a prize to someone who commented on her blog, a few days ago. Well, turns out I won to drawing, now I say this b/c I know she suffers like alot of us with "is anyone out there" blogger disease. So if you happen here, go visit her. She is a mom of a very special little boy named Eli.

Now on to our latest homeschool conference, today. It was held in Charlotte at a very nice community college. There were very few vendors, maybe 12, compared to last weekend, over 100 easy! But this conference seemed to focus more on seminars and speakers, they had dozens. We found 3 good ones, that applied to us: H.S. laws in SC, H.S. methods and last but not least Unschooling special needs children, which had a huge crowd! We learned alot despite being bored in between the seminars. We also found a great third option group in SC, that should work for what we have been looking for. It is for unschooling, third option families. Very free thinking, open to alternatives, non conforming... which should be just perfect for us, with Faith's situation. The group is called...
www.schoolsoutsupport.com . We are very excited about the prospects. Anyway, that was our exciting trip out of state, today. Very educational!

4 comments:

Ms. Sarah said...

Hi Candace
Thanks for stopping by. I will be in summerville. I guess that is near charleston area. My husband is down there now. My cousin has cp due to being a preemie. He was born at 26 weeks. He does walk but goes through tons of therapies. He has the drooling aspect. Your daughter is to cute.

Michelle said...

Oh yes,Amy's blog is great. Congrats on winning!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kudo's! :)

Still trying to catch up on all my blog reading after being gone three days! Ugh...

Beverly said...

Nice you got to go to another convention. Sounds like found some good things. I love un schooling too. Congrats on winning!