Thursday, August 6, 2009

TEN things about me

Here is a post in response to Lynnette Kraft's Dancing On Weathered Ground blog

Ten things about me!


1. I am a born again Christian, saved before kindergarden. I also attended a baptist church
school until 8th grade. Hated it then, but am soooo thankful now!

2. I Never wanted kids!!! I know I was crazy, I just didn't know what I would miss.

3. I love to scrapbook, for that matter, any kinds of arts and crafts. If I see it, I think I can do that for cheaper!

4. I am crazy over Alton Brown (ie: Good Eats, Food Network) He's a southern boy now, you know! Don't lie, girls, you know you'd love to have a guy who can cook!

5. I love the water, any kind of water: beach, lake, river, streams, creeks, I am NOT picky!

6. I am an old soul, described that way by my family. I relate better to older folks, enjoy doing things that my peers would be bored by (knitting). My mom says I was born like that. Most people my age(31) are already wishing for youth, but not me, I look foward to getting older! Am I too weird?

7. I am not afraid of any kind of animal except spiders! Snakes, bugs, birds, dogs, cats nothing scares me except those 8 legged little varmits!

8. I love ladybugs, my daughter's room is decorated in them. Even when they come in the house, I am ok with it. They just make me so happy, with their beautiful colors!

9. I have known my husband for half my life, in April. We were high school sweeties, the first day I came to school in 10th grade, he told his best friend he was going to marry me! AWWWWWWW, so sweet he is! He is MY soulmate, no doubt, we were meant for eachother.

10. I am mom to the cutest, funniest, sweetest, strongest little girl ever! She IS my reason for breathing every day! The world can be such a cruel place, but everything just seems right when I see that little face, every morning!

So, that's me in 10 or less! Tell me about yourselves!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing!

April said...

Here from Lynnette's MckLinky!
"3. I love to scrapbook, for that matter, any kinds of arts and crafts. If I see it, I think I can do that for cheaper!" This is totally ME!! I did alot of scrapping before I had my son. Now, I have HUGE collection photos that are categorized "TO BE SCRAPPED" LOL -

nice to meet you!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Thanks for sharing!!!

Wanda said...

I like your list!

I love Alton Brown too. HE'S the best!

I like growing older too.

Julie Arduini said...

A beautiful blog, name, and person! I was experiencing infertility when God shared we would have a daughter named Hannah and she will be 6.

It was fun to read your list!

trennia said...

visiting from Lynnette's blog just wanted to say Hi glad to met you.

Jenilee said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting our family blog! I would love to share homeschooling stories! What an adventure it is going to be, right?

For Their Future said...

Great to meet you!
I love watching "Good Eats" too! Would love to have his series for our homeschool learning.
It is good to be an old soul sometimes! I like doing things "oldfasioned" too! Canning, wood cook stoves, sewing, baking, knitting, etc! I look at them as being closer to God and nature!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I loved your list....I LOVE lists of any kind...Just blog hopping and found your blog....so glad that I did. I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

Beverly said...

thanks for sharing love your list.

Unknown said...

Hi Candace. Your daughter is precious. Of course you love being a momma. :) I'm with you, I never really craved being a momma, but 9 children later I think WHAT WAS I THINKING! (or not thinking).

Amy Genn is a beautiful person. I've been to her blog a few times. Eli is so beautiful and so blessed to have Amy for a momma. I think I'll head over for a visit after I leave here. :)

Have a great week!
Lynnette

Keri said...

What a fun way to get to know you better! Thank you for sharing!