Monday, August 24, 2009

A new week!

So I am dedicating myself to having a good week, this week. I have been so down in the dumps lately and having a hard time pulling myself up by my own bootstraps. Faith has been putting on a little extra weight over the last two weeks, we upped her Resource formula. Actually, I think we should have done it earlier in the summer b/c she had lost a little but I hadn't noticed. I am very pleased about that, except we have seen a few breakthrough vommitt accidents in the last few days, still trying to work out the exact right amount. I HATE transitions! BLAH!
OK, back to positivity! LOL! I got a new pair of GOOD clippers for Gandalf, this weekend, I have been waiting for almost a yr for them. They cut him down in minutes, instead of hrs! I got his whole body done in about 20 mins, that usually takes about 3 hrs!!!
We finally got the official results of Faith's cognitive testing on Sat. No real surprises but for the most part she was in the 19-22 month old range. They did say that she probably knows more than they could properly test her b/c of her poor expressive language development. BUT I choose to look at it differently b/c if they had tested her a yr ago, they would tested her out WAY lower! So WE know she has come so far in the last yr, and that's all that matters! I have begun to stock up on h.s.ing items for next summer. I know, that's a whole yr away but I am a big planner. We made a trip up to Brevard this weekend and to one of my fav. thrift stores, we found this tiny little plastic desk with a clip on tray and sides for $3! SCORE! Also some craft project books for preschooler with neat stuff to make like... sawdust play dough and homemade glue! FUN! Can't wait to do some of them, heck, for my own enjoyment ( not JUST Faith's)! We also found an old tape set of TALES FROM LAKE WOBEGON by Garrison Keilor... my all time fav. radio person! IF you don't know who he is, you should google him, he does a show on Public Radio called A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION that I have listened to since I was Faith's age! ADDICTED, WE BOTH ARE! So please pray for me to stick to my positive regime this week, I need some good thoughts my way....

3 comments:

Jenny said...

My husband loves Garrison Keillor! He's not my cup of tea, but I know he's really popular.

How cool that you found some great finds!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Good thoughts your way :)

Beverly said...

praying you have a great week!