Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 13, 2003

This was my Bamboo's last day on Earth. The first day that she got to go HOME to Heaven. I missed posting about it since we were in the midst of returning home from the hospital but I would be remiss if I didn't spend some time talking about her. My grandmother was this vibrant, youthful, spirited, silly, strong woman. Someone who I aspire to be like, every day! I spent a large part of my life with her and at 16 came to live with her until I got married. She was a teacher by trade and she could remember where a student sat 15 yrs after they left her classroom. I loved her so much.... I miss her so much. Her death came just 7 weeks before Faith came into the world. She had a stroke then an aneurysm not unlike Faith, when she was born. She was in the ICU for 8 days before she died. I slept on the floor of the waiting room at night, 8 months pregnant. Just 11 months before, at Christmas, she had whispered to me that she wanted me to be there when she died. I kept my promise.... I was there when she breathed her last breath and left this world to be with her Saviour. I was the only one of all her family who stayed... all the rest of my family were too busy being irresponsible, they missed out. I got to see her leave and I prayed for her to go in peace. I held her hand and kissed her, goodbye. I was always the closest to my grandmother, closer than anyone else. We shared this special bond that couldn't really be explained. So I write in blue today for her, her favorite color. I think of how close she was to meeting Faith- how maybe they just passed each other coming and going! I wish she could have seen her- but I am at peace. I know she was ready to go and be in Heaven. Bamboo, I had a coke icee in your memory, last night, it sure was good!


2 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Awwwww! what a touching post

Katy said...

She sounds wonderful. I'm sure she's proud of you and all that you do for your little one.