Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What friends are for...


So yesterday, we got a call from hubby's sister, saying that she had some cards from Faith's girl scouts troop. She dropped them off, last night, just before Faith went to bed. All the little girls and her troop leader had handmade these beautiful cards with confetti and horse stickers and ladybugs all over them. Each one had each girl's unique personality displayed with touching messages of healing for Faith. Carl and I had tears in our eyes as we read each one to Faith. They also had cut out pictures of horses and glued them to construction paper. They were all colors and designs and so beautiful! They also included a Beanie Baby Horse for her. The biggest thing to me was that someone remembered that Faith loved horses and had her room done in ladybugs. I don't really remember talking about that except for one comment to some of the girls that Faith was going to have a horse birthday party! Faith was so excited to take each card out of the bag and examine each piece. We lined them up on our kitchen bar so that we can all be reminded that Faith has 9 new friends who care for her! That means more to me than a million dollars! We are so humbled by the kindness of adults and children alike. I still think about how nervous I was about taking her to girl scouts and worrying that she wouldn't be accepted. All my fears were unfounded and she has become a thriving member of a group of girls who love her and hopefully are learning something from her. I have learned a valuable lesson, myself, about children that I didn't know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Now you know what a great group of girls they really are :)

Jennifer Ortiz said...

How sweet! We would love to send Faith an Emily's smile box. Could you send me your mailing address? jennjennortiz@yahoo.com

Katy said...

Children really can be the best slice of humanity. So glad that's shining through.

Carla said...

How sweet of her troop! Faith looks like she is dealing well with those enormous casts, my goodness. Its nice that they are purple:)
Prayers for speedy healing going your way!