Sunday, November 29, 2009

What a difference a year makes...

A year ago, Faith learned about Christmas trees for the first time...or at least she learned to identify one. A year ago, Faith new nothing of pumpkins or turkeys or holidays. For that matter, she wasn't trying to talk or playing with baby dolls appropriately. This year, she learned the sign for pumpkin, learned to say Turkey and tonight...hung her first ornaments on the Christmas tree....
MY BABY GIRL!
Sweeter sights have rarely been seen. She saw me hanging them on the tree and she wanted to do it. So I got out her little tree and we hung ornaments, together. Of course, most of the ornaments all ended up on the bottom branches and needed to be rehung but who's counting???? I got a few pics of her, starry eyed at the lights, as she got to participate in her first tree trimming! It reminds me to be so Thankful for my precious daughter. At the wonder of childhood and how she manages to prove everyone wrong! She was so happy and excited at this new experience!
This is ALL I need for Christmas, I am content and thrilled. If this is our life....That's OK! I am so lucky to be able to share these treasured moments with my daughter, things that were not always so easy to imagine in our future. I need nothing else in this life. Things that I wished and hoped for before she was born, they are not always realistic. But I have learned that many of those things don't matter so much, it's the little things that GOD shows me, everyday.
THAT LITTLE THING CALLED FAITH...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Best Advent yet! You called it perfect in your comment on my blog. I'm smiling back at the photo of Faith. Barbara

Katy said...

Ok, thank you so much for sharing all those house pictures. Got me thinking about our own house. I think it could be modified--I'm just not exactly sure how. Luckily, Hubby's best friend is a contractor so I know we'll figure it out for the time being.

This post about Faith enjoying Christmas really warms my heart. Charlie gets no TV other than videos and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what Christmas is or that it's coming. I feel bad about that, but this post makes me think that it will happen when it's time for it to happen--not before.

Karen said...

How very precious! How wonderful to see Faith helping to decorate the tree.I know this must bring great joy to my heart.

Children bring such joy in their excitement of the simple things! I love Christmas and how the children jump for joy at the lights and decorations. It helps me to remember to stop and enjoy these things too!


Many Bessings to you,
Karen

Beverly said...

it is so great when our kids notice and enjoy the season!