Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CALLING ALL MIRACLE VETERANS......





Ok everyone... A few posts ago, I mentioned, in passing, that Carl and I had become MIRACLE VETERANS. After witnessing, experiencing, suffering and rejoicing in all our precious daughter has overcome in her life.....we have become MIRACLE VETERANS. Not a club that most parents belong to, but one I am proud to be a part of. So several of my bloggy friends (Katy and Amy, thanks, guys!) have inspired me to use this phrase as a motto....
I was rummaging through a craft box, tonight, and found a ceramic plaque that just called to me.
So I sat down and gave it a new life. I am calling on all of you fellow MIRACLE VETERANS out there to tell me about your biggest and most precious miracle experience in your child's life. The thing that defines you or reminds you of how precious life is. This is my first time doing a contest so be patient with me...

Write a post, telling your story and how you have become a MIRACLE VETERAN, then come back here and leave a comment. I will read each person's post and choose a winner. The winner gets this cute little plaque to hang in their MIRACLE"S room!

The plaque is painted green with purple lettering and polka dots. So it would fit in a boy or girls room. It also has neat beading along the hanger, at the top. I will be accepting posts until Monday, November 2, 2009. I can't wait to read every one's posts and hope we can all be inspired by other's incredible stories! I will also be linking your posts back in my blog after you post.

Amendment: You can tell any special story about something your child and you have gone through. It doesn't have to be "THE" story. It can be a small story like AMBER'S, a touching piece on her experience with little Jacob, in the hospital.






4 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I was sitting here wondering how to write the story of Jude, but then I realized that both my children are miracles. My seemingly normal child, and my disabled child. So I guess I am a mom of two miracles, and I love them both!

Katy said...

Oooh. . . this is a toughie. I'll be thinking about it!

my life: said...

You are sweet!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to mention your contest in a comment on my top post right now. Barbara