Thursday, October 29, 2009

My child eats!



This is Faith, at speach therapy, on Wed.! Actually eating a DumDum sucker! Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own two eyes! Just look at the sheer joy on her face. A candy addict in the making (not to mention a genetic pre disposition on daddy's side)! Isn't she stinkin' cute? After all these years of food refusal, I never thought I would see the day when she would hold candy and eat it. I remember when I was pregnant saying "my child will never eat candy!" what a fool I was! I would feed her gold crusted cat turds if she would eat them! So here's to C-A-N-D-Y! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Don't forget to pause the music at the bottom so you can hear her say CANDY! (Thanks Dr. Boucher!)

PS. Don't forget about my contest for Miracle Veterans.....

8 comments:

Carla said...

she looks so pleased with herself! Isn't it funny what we cheer for with our kids? I'm all for cheering for candy:)

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog now and then when I have the time, and I wanted to say that I am thrilled for you! I have a little boy with severe CP who is just over 2 years old, and I fear he will never eat. He has been tube fed since birth, and even tube feeding is a constant struggle. So I appreciate the joy you feel at such a seemingly simple, but *amazing* accomplishment! She likes it! Hurray! -Meghan

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Love it Love it!!! I totally understand too. Weird how you have all these mind sets about cloth diapering, breast feeding, and more, then you have a disabled child and you are taught some serious lessons and knocked off the soap box, I sure was. lol!

my life: said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! She says candy...so plainly. :0)

Katy said...

I'm the same way about talking. Charlie's first word could be a curse word and I swear I will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Candace said...

Thanks guys! It really does my heart good to know others know what i am talking about! BTW, the "word" candy is brand freakin' new! She just started saying it in the last week or so.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Candace!

If you want her to hold the lolly a little longer, get a small solid foam rubber ball (soft but not too soft). Punch the ball with an ice pick and put the candy stick into the ball. She might hold onto the ball a longer.

Barbara

ps - when you post a video, you might remind people at the top to scroll down and pause the music first.

David C Brown said...

The Lord bless all of you!