Thursday, January 28, 2010

HEART-WARMING...

Today, the girl scouts made Valentine cards for a local nursing home...
Faith loves playing with paper, foam stickers and of course, crayons..

Her buddy for today helped her pick out her stickers and she helped her choose a design for her cards....

She had so much fun and paid so much attention, except she kept wanting to change her crayon colors. They had a big basket and every two seconds she wanted a new one. Funny thing is, she would put the old one back in the box and then pick it out again. I think she just liked the idea of making her own decisions..

This is my favorite....
Love this little girl!
BTW: Her buddy, the little girl who clings to Faith, just about had a breakdown in the parking lot b/c she wanted to go home with Faith! Did I mention...she is 9? Faith has a true friend! This little girl wanted to take her out to the car and wanted me to teach her how to put Faith in her car seat and how to fold up and put away her wheelchair! Sweetest thing ever....Bring tears to my eyes every single Thursday!

BTW: Faith beat her cookie goal with over 175 boxes, so far!!!! GO GIRL!
BTW again: check out the link to this website called Teaching Learners with Multiple Special Needs
I stumbled across it tonight with this wonderful video that brought tears to my eyes!
Most of you know that Faith's first "language" was signing and still her primary form of communication... Seeing your nonverbal child sign their first sign after 4+ years with no language is..........indescribable. Sure puts sign language close to my heart......LOVE IT!


7 comments:

Katy said...

I am SO IN LOVE with Faith's girl scout troop. And really, whenever I see Faith I really can't help but see how much she's blossoming. Warms my heart as I get nervous sometimes that age three is the end of the road.

I just discovered BLOOM website myself and I just love it! I was leaving comments on all these old posts.

April said...

Thanks for warming my heart! Great post!

Jen said...

Ahh, its lovely to see a friendship developing. I hope it brings you all great happiness:) Jen.

Karen said...

It is so sweet how that other girl wants to help Faith out so much! What a Blessing! I wish there were more kids like her ! Well adults for that matter!

Blessings,
Karen

MichelleTwinMum said...

It looks like your little beauty had wonderful fun today. Mich x

The Henrys said...

I love reading the posts about girl scouts. It sounds like an amazing program and I am so happy that Faith has made some really good friends.
Debbi

Beverly said...

so sweet. she did a great job