Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stories...


Today, at therapy, I was approached by the head therapist. She asked me if I would be willing to write Faith's story with a focus on our experience with our therapy group. It seems that the head of the hospital is going to be speaking at a conference and wanted to have a few stories to share with them about families experiences with PTW. I was touched and honored. In the last few years we have often been asked to be subjects in photo shoots for the annual Camellia Ball (fundraiser for PTW) and also representatives at the ball. I enjoy doing this sort of thing because it gives me a chance to talk about Faith and our experiences. I am not normally a speaker or writer but when you are living with a force like Faith, you are infused with a passion that overcomes fear. I am excited about the opportunity and hoping that it will get some recognition focused on our therapists and their office. I leave you with photos from P.T., today, with Faith standing and reaching (A big deal!) I love how excited her therapist is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE seeing her standing!

As one of your blog fans, thank you for all the sharing you do.

Barbara

my life: said...

I too love seeing her standing!
Love it...excited for you too, I agree...nothing like the passion we have for our children to make us brave! :0)

Carla said...

"Living with a Force like Faith"
I love it! She looks so happy!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

LOOK at her stand, precious thing!