Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kaye stander....

This is Faith, in her loaner KAYE stander...

It's a simple design but out of all the standers we have tried, it has been the most effective.
It has a base with two slide bars for each foot to be positioned it...
Padded area in front where her stomach, knees and chest go....
A raised back pad to support her if she leans back...
A BIG tray....
And a hinged arm that locks behind her waist, when she is in it.
The best thing about this stander is that it does not have a lot of things to hold her in, it basically relies on gravity to keep her legs down and an arm holding her in from behind.
We have tried about 4 different kinds, one of those being a smaller version of this stander, when she was much smaller. It was always our favorite so we were excited to get our hands on this larger version, last week. She has actually been asking to go in it, too, which is great!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When a piece of equipment works for a child - it works!

Thanks for photos of Faith in one of my favorite positions.

Enjoyed the video of her playing mommy, too. Barbara

my life: said...

I LOVE it! What a good little mama she is! :0)
*love your accent too ;0)*

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful thing when you can have your child in an upright position by using a special "stander". Faith is such a beautiful child.

One of my sons wears hearing aides and I'm amazed at how new technology/advances can make life so much easier/better.

May Faith enjoy many happy times in her stander.

I am so happy that you also enjoy scrapbooking (your comment on my blog). It is so nice to be able to look back on all of the memories and good times.

I also feel like I get closer to my children when I scrapbook. I have conversations with God about each child as I scrapbook.

With love and hope,
Cheryl
We are Nine

Katy said...

I really do feel like simpler is often better when it comes to equipment. The realy fancy stuff is sometimes intimidating.

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Hey Jude has one VERY similar to that. It won't work for him tho because he does not have any neck control :(. We are waiting on the new stander.

April said...

That is a nifty stander! She looks great in it!