Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The cat whisperer....

This last weekend we spent a lot of time in the yard, cleaning up from winter. Faith is a tough cookie to keep happy when both mom and dad are trying to get work done. She usually fusses and wants to get around the yard. This is two scenes I came across this weekend. Lilly....our stray mouser, keeping Faith company....
I quickly ran to get the camera to get such a genuine display of affection between the two of them...

I know I have talked about the unusual connection Faith has with animals. I am a huge animal lover and always prayed my daughter would love them. But she has a very unique effect on most animals she meets. Believe me, it's weird because Faith is rarely gentle with any of them. She pulls their tails, rubs their fur the wrong way, squishes their necks and generally abuses them....in her most loving way! And yet, they are drawn to her.

Our other cats are the same way and I can't explain it. I know most cats hate small children....(a vague recollection of three yr old me a tom cat and a garden hose....ouch!) But animals just love her. It is especially weird to see a cat climb up on a wheelchair that can roll around!
I sure wish I could explain it.....I know that lots of people say that animals can sense things with people. Who knows? But I choose to believe that GOD has given her a gift....given me a gift...of an answered prayer, small as it may be....

7 comments:

Mo said...

Awww...who doesn't love Faith, animal or not? I love this girl.

Cary said...

So cute!! I love cats too! So does Ben...but unfortunately he has allergies. So no pets for us.

Trish said...

How wonderful! We have two white cats, and one of them is unnaturally friendly.

Territory Mom sent me over - nice to meet you!

Katy said...

Man. Charlie does not care for cats. Our cat will snuggle on anything warm, but Charlie is NOT intersted. He doesn't like the way cat fur feels.

Jen said...

That's a really big cat, it' lovely to see the pair of them with a bond:) Lovely photos, as always they bring a smile to my face:) Jen.

Anonymous said...

Love this! I didn't grow-up with cats and my Hubby brought animal-loving into my life. I believe her connection is a blessing, too.
Barbara

April said...

What a sweet connection. That cat has great taste in friends :)