Monday, April 26, 2010

H....A....I...R....

Today, Faithy got her fourth haircut. Every year for the last three years around April.....
I just can't take it any more! I love her hair long but it gets to that point where it is like trying to comb a rat's nest. No amount of conditioner or detangler or comb or brush can get through all those curls....
She had about 8 inches cut today.
In the four cuts she has had, we have cut a total of 27 inches!


This girl is like Rapunzel, her hair grows so fast! She grew over 8 inches in the last 11 months, people!


We usually go to a children's salon but I was at my last straw this morning and it had to go! So we headed to the first salon I could find and I went in and gave them the "special needs" talk first.


I told the girl I wanted to be able to french braid it so it needed to be long enough to do that. In the end curls and wet hair are always deceiving and once it was dry it was much shorter than I had hoped for...but....
hair grows back, right?


Especially in this kid's case!

Note: this was the first time I didn't get to save her hair...it was scattered all over the place and the girl was hurrying us out. :(.....

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

She is beautiful inside and out! :)

With love and hope,
Cheryl

Katy said...

Well, I think she looks beatiful. It's Ok that you didn't save the hair this time. . . it will grow back;)

April said...

Oh her hair is so beautiful! Love those curls!

Sherry C said...

Oh she looks so cute, she has beautiful hair just like her mom.

Jen said...

She looks gorgeous, and yes, by the sounds of it it will be the length you were hoping for very quickly!! Jen.

The Henrys said...

She is beautiful and so is her hair. I love those curls. I have curly hair and I always wanted one of my children to get curls, but neither one did.

It is very hard to find someone to cut curly hair. They all forget that the curls shrink back up when they dry! It is so frustrating!

Jo said...

She has such beautiful hair! Pantene spokesmodel, anyone? =)